Problems after an ablation
I had my EP study and ablation last Tues for my SVT episodes.  My doctor feels like he got the problem area but couldn't be 100% sure but felt about 90% sure.  Two days later I had a mini episode but it was still just as scary as the ones I normally had.  I thought maybe I just tried to get back to my normal routine too soon.  Then the next day I got up to iron something and my heart started racing.  I called the doctor and the nurse told me this was normal after an ablation and my heart was still healing and not to panic over it.  The next day I was fine other than feeling some dizziness.  Then tonight I woke up having an episode.  My heart was racing and I just sat up for a moment.  It didn't last long but was the same forcefulness and increase as always.  I'm so upset and bothered about this and I'm feeling like friends, family, doctors must think I'm crazy or something but this is really happening to me. :-(

For those who have had an ablation, have you experienced episodes within days of the procedure? Has anyone been told that these episodes could be a result of something else like adrenaline surges?  
This is a very common occurence following an ablation procedure.  Your heart has been literally internally injured; burned in perhaps numerous places, and perhaps has had the wall between the atria punctured by the catheter in order to reach the left side.  You need to give it time; weeks, months, even perhaps a year before these symptoms subside.  That said, I had PVC's following my ablation 16 months ago, and still get them along with little short runs of SVT; maybe 5-8 beat runs.  My SVT was formerly self sustaining meaning once it started, it would run on until I intervened to stop it.

Give it time, as it's way too early to tell whether it was successful or not.  I must add that I still take Metoprolol at a slightly lower dose than prior to my ablation. If you're not on medication, perhaps it might be better to get back on it to lessen the recovery symptoms.
My experience was that I felt symptoms the day after the ablation.  For a period of about a year I think, my heart made adjustments. I would not worry this is common.  Talk to your doctor about your symptoms and they will probably reassure you that you are doing just fine.

One thing.  You want a doctor that will listen to you, if you are having symptoms.  The surgeon I went to was nice before the ablation, but we lost touch quickly afterwards.  I needed to find another electrophysiologist for my on going / after surgery care and questions.  If you are having trouble, I highly recommend finding someone that you can talk to.
Hey my friend I have gone threw a ablashion when I was 26 and I still have some small runs of PVC and PAC by gem and trig-em from time to time.I am sorry to hear your going threw this I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hang ion their tho it gets better.
Hi, after reading your post ablation symptoms I thought I have to share this with you too. A year ago my ICD (implanted defibrillator) shocked me 5 times in succession due to VT. After that I was in hospital for 2 days to be monitored. After discharge from that day on, I had no end to problems of what you have described. Palpitaions that made me feel dizzy, scared to death and heart rate would continue to increase if I didn't stop what I was doing. Had to just sit down quietly and pray very hard that it would go away. You are right in that it felt like adrenaline surge feeling. I had that problematic tachycardia for a good 8 to 10 months before my heart cells or muscles that we're shocked, recovered and got back to normal.
I am now facing another ablation next month (my 4th ablation) and am worried the same thing might happen to me again, similar to what you described. Really pray that it won't happen.....
I wish you all the best and good recovery.
Thank you all for your input. I very much appreciate it.  I've had a couple good days so far with no symptoms! It's good to hear from you all that this is normal and not just from my doctor's office.
Hi, I read your post about your SVT. I have SVT, MVP, and AFib. All I can tell you is what I have experienced with it. I had an ablation prodedure done for the SVT and AFib and the doc said it was 90% cure rate but long behold a week later I started having full blown episodes again so I had a second ablation done. Its been a yr now since and no SVT episodes, the only problems I have had may be linked to my anxiety and AFib issues. I have been having more and more flutters, skips, and hard beats, but No racing thank god.