Pulse Rate above 110 at rest
Hi All:

I am a 47 yr old male, and I have, for the past month, have had pulse rates between 110 and 130 every morning upon waking.  Blood Pressure this morning was 153/93, pulse rate 110.  My last cholesterol check was low (107), triglycerides was 119, I quit smoking 2 years ago, and I exercise regularly.  I do have a family history of heart disease and stroke, on both sides, and I am a Type 2 Diabetic.  Is my pulse rate normal, or do I need to see a doctor?  Thanks in advance for any advice! I really appreciate it.
Hello...

Waking up with a resting HR >100 is not normal. Your BP is also considered to be of the hypertensive level, especially the diastolic number (bottom #) The AHA has lowered what is considered to be a normal BP. They used to say 120/80 was ok...now they would like to see people having a BP <120/80.

You also have peedisposing risk factors for heart disease. Diabetes, age over 45, and family history of stroke and heart disease. You should make an appt. to see your physician. Good luck to you and please let us know how you make out :)
One good bit of news is the usual medication to tread a high HR are also used to treat a high BP.  Beta Blockers and Calcium Channel Blockers lower both.  

Agreed, see your doctor you have several risk factors, making treatment especially important.