SHOULD I HAVE ANOTHER HEART CATHERER ABLATION
I HAD A HEART CATHERER ABLATION DONE  ON APRIL 4, 2008. FOR A WHILE IT WAS BETTER BUT THEN I STARTED HAVING AFIB AGAIN SO THEY MUST OF MISSED SOMETHING. IS IT TRUE THAT IT TAKES TWO ABLATIONS IN MOST CASES TO FIX THE PROBLEM COMPLETELY WOULD YOU RECOMMEND MY DOING ANOTHER ONE AND HOW LONG SHOULD I WAIT I AM TAKING BETAPACE AND INDERAL WHEN I HAVE AN ATTACK. THANKS WANDA
I have read that more than one ablation is common.  I have no experience myself, but I do have AFib and my doctor, the EP specialist, doesn't recommend ablation for my AFig, I don't know why other than the fact that the worst symptom I have from my AFib is a shortness of breath ... no more running or jogging.  In other words, my AFib isn't particularly unpleasant symptom-wise and no more a threat to my life than the fact that I keep getting older.
I have had three ablations since June and they still haven't fixed my VT entirely.  I think multiple ablations are fairly common and nothing to worry about.  They usually say three months between ablations but I have had mine approximately 6-8 weeks apart from each other.  I have groins of steel now, lol.
I just had my second Pulmonary Vein Isolation (PVI) ablation a week ago.  I don't think I will personally do another one - am in AF now which is very frustrating, but I know I can't judge the outcome yet... I need to give it some more time.  
I was told going in that it was fairly common to need a second or more ablation to eventually cure the a fib.   How long should you wait?  That is a decision you need to make with your doctor.  The important issue you raise is whether to try again?  That is such a personal decision, but I think most of us on this forum who have had similar experiences would recommend that you try again.