SVT/PVCs aggravated by acid reflux
For the past month, my GERD has become worse.  This has triggered SVT and PVCs.  I take aciphex and Gaviscon for the GERD and Sectral (BB) for the SVT.  For the past 10 years I've had very little trouble.

I ended up in the ER a month ago with SVT that converted before the doctor saw me.  I was in panic mode because I had bad acid reflux and PVCs.  I waited for 3-4 hours before I finally went in but I was in and out of SVT with PVC.  My heart was irregular and the acid was coming up in my throat.

Even if I touched my stomach on the Vagal nerve area, I would start having SVT or PVCs or combination.  They did an echo that showed little change from 3 years ago (mitral regurgitation..mild) and the intra-atrial septum aneurysmal.  I had an EP study in 1998 but it was too close to my phrenic nerve to ablate.  My EP cardio was one of the best in Florida.  He is no longer in my plan and the new guy wants to try an ablation.

I think I need to work on the acid reflux and stress to get the SVT/PVCs under control.  I had an Upper GI scope and it showed hiatal hernia (same as before) and polyps in stomach (probably from the reflux med.)  They did a biopsy on the polyps but I've not yet heard.

Do any of you have GERD that aggravates your heary rhythm.

Thanks,
KB
Yes, I do notice that digestive issues (esophageal spasm, especially) can aggravate my SVT and bring on more ectopics.  Control of the reflux is important, though it might not bring as much relief from an arrhythmia standpoint as you're hoping for.
Absolutely! I can even eat too much or something that doesn't agree with me and there I go with PVC's and sometimes A fib. I think I also have esophageal spasm. Mine are usually short lived and don't require me to do much other than chill out for a while. I take beta blockers to control my HR and asprin. I take dexilant for my reflux. Back to your question. There is no doubt in my mind the two are related and controling one will help with the other.
When my stomach (GERD) is under control I rarely get PVCs and the SVT episodes are infrequent and very short.  When my gut is bad, it's a nightmare.