SVT vs rebound tachycardia
Rapid heart rate evenings approx same time a few to several eves per week. How do I tell the difference? The tachycardia seems to break on its own before I can get my stethoscope.
I don't know that there is a way to tell on your own.  You really will need to get whatever is going on captured.  Since it happens often I would think an event monitor that generally is worn for a month would suffice you likely not even needing it the full month.  In any event, I would make an appointment with the cardiologist to get this diagnosed so you know what you are dealing with and what your next steps should be.  Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing.
I don't think "rebound tachycardia" exhibits a rate as high as SVT.  Also, if it doesn't both start and stop abruptly, then it's not SVT.
Hi, thank you for responding to my post. I had a normal echo and wore a 24 holter. I know it did not show anything although I haven't received official results. Labs are all fine. I do take propranolol 10mg twice daily. I see a cardiologist Thursday july 5th. Janice
Hi Tom and Michelle, peculiar- the fast heart rate occurs as i'm waking from a nap or about to fall asleep in the evening. Thank you both very much for your input. After over a month of this, this nurse is tired of trying to diagnose what ails her!
Have you measured just how fast it is?  I wore a number of Holters and they all came back with the same results: No problem.  But I knew differently, and pushed for a 30 day monitor.  It was then that I captured 3 recordings of SVT and then I got the cardiologist's attention.
Hi Tom, wore a holter this week. I know it did not show anything. !2 hours before the holter I could palpate it.  I do see a cariologist thursday. The rate is 140-160. I was a cardio thoracic surgical step down nurse for 14 years. Something not right...