So, I've decided to have the Ablation. . .
So, I decided to have an Ablation after 1 year of trying to find a medication that would control my A-fib.  My doctor has told me that since  I am young, 36, that I have a great chance of being cured.  I was curious about recurrence of A-fib after ablation.  Will it come back even with a "successful" ablation????  Anyone out there with experience???  I go in for my pre-procedure visit thursday.  
I had a successful ablation at age 64.  My understanding is that if it works, it is unlikely to come back.   My best friends daughter had an ablation about five years ago.  She was younger than you.  To date, her heart has stayed in normal rhythm.  
  It is not often the medical community uses the word "cure," but with an ablation at your age that may indeed be an appropriate word to describe your outcome.  
Thank you for the reassurance!!!