Ventricular Tachycardia caught during orgasm
I was wearing a 48 holter moniter.  On the second day my husband and I were intimate and I had an orgasm.  My orgasm was caught on the holter moniter and showed up as ventricular tachycardia.  The moniter found nothing else.  My question is:  During orgasm is it normal for your heart to go into ventricular tachycardia?
Well I wonder how many people are wearing a monitor when so engaged.  I'd think it appropriate to take the monitor off for whatever time it takes...I would.

I fully expect the heart rate would increase, but tachcardia... most likely not that high.  Here I believe, but haven't checked, that a high HR isn't considered tachycardia unless it is over 200 (or thereabouts) bpm.
I imagine that many people (I do) have bouts of VT but they are not sustained, i.e, they offset to sinus rhythm. The issue with VT is always duration and rate of heart: how long it ran and how fast was your heart beating. In my simple opinion VT should always be looked into with event monitor to see how often you have it, how long it's running and how fast. Those are the clinical aspect that can tell you doctor weather or not you have a serious problem. I urge you to urge your cardiologist to look into this. All best.
I do hope you told about the VT with orgasm.  It'd let the guy know he hits the bullseye at least some of the time. ;-)  You could even show him the results as proof you weren't faking it.  We guys worry about that sometimes.

Hope that's the only you ever go into VT . . . and you do it often.
The whole point of wearing a heart monitor is to catch abnormal heart rhythms and discover what activities trigger these abnormal rhythms. Taking off the monitor during any activity other than bathing is defeating the purpose of wearing the monitor. It definitely should be left on during sexual activity. "Tachycardia" is defined as a rate faster than 100 beats a minute in an adult.
FUK
how long after being diagnosed with sinus tachycardia can one have sex ? not energetic sex but normal sex ?
oh my what a topic...yes VT (v-tach) is a HR of 100+, sustained, non sustained had em both and yes on VT during

sex is a normal part of a relationship and ok; even energetic; but then again I'm not a doctor...

the event monitor should pick up that and as long as you wrote it in your diary, it would be ok because they have a reason for the VT, but if you didn't note it, then they're may think something else was happening - so be honest about it

I had to note mine and told my husband WHY couldn't you have waited until tomorrow? lol he just had to make sure that was documented
Orgasm has triggered my Afib in the past. Big time bummer. It hasn't happened since I've been on the Sotalol but the possibility does detract from the experience.
oh for the love of god you make it sound like going a little tachy is going to kill you, first off some people sit high as it is, sex and orgasm can be very exciting and people do go into a higher heart rate when they get off... its normal, tachycardia is a rate over 100, ive seen patients hit much higher for a lot longer then your orgasm during physical activities