Heart Rhythm Community
What should I do about palpitations and pain if EKG and stress test com...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to heart rhythm issues, arrhythmia, irregular heartbeat, implanted defibrillators, pacemakers, and tachycardia.

What should I do about palpitations and pain if EKG and stress test come out good?

I have been having shortness of breath,chest pain and tightness,and heart palpitations for 3 months.I was diagnosed with mild asthma in 2006.I took an EKG,Blood work,Stress Test,all of which came back normal.But my symptoms are still the same.You know how after you're working out,you feel out of breath,and then you catch your breath,and gradually your breathing goes back to how it was feeling before you started working out?I feel like I am somewhere in between when you start to catch your breath,and when you start to feel the way you were feeling before you began working out.Thats the way I feel all the time.And it doesn't take much exertion for me to feel short of breath again,and also for it to feel like my heart is beating faster than normal.I took a pro air inhaler three times,and it hasn't helped.Should I take an angiogram?Does anybody know what could be wrong with me?
It sounds like the Doctors think your fine so you should just use your best judgement in terms of going forward with other tests.  Some of your symptoms including the perception of being short of breath and palpitations can be caused by anxiety.  That's not to say that yours is, but if you're an anxious person or under stress it's worth noting that your symptoms could be related entirely to that.

If you and your Doc both feel anxiety and stress could be causing your problems, you need to just relax and not worry about heart and health stuff.  You could try anti-anxiety meds and if those improve your symptoms, then you've got your answer.

Also, some of those symptoms could be related to being out of shape if you are, in fact, out of shape.  Being out of shape can obviously cause shortness of breath and getting tired easy and can also cause heart palpitations.  The heart palps also can be caused by many lifestyle and diet factors such as consuming sugar, caffeine and alcohol.  
You should try going to an allergist and have them check your breathing levels. It also may be anxiety. I know from me having a heart condition, I deal with anxiety at the gym sometimes to and feel the same but there's nothing wrong. You're letting a bad experience you may have had once control your every day events. You should definitely try supplementing and taking an Actual Vitamin C pill. You may have Symptoms of exercise-induced asthma which includes your symptoms you stated: cough, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Vitamin C helps to reduce bronchoconstriction caused by exercise, also known as exercise-induced asthma, by nearly 50 percent. I use vitamin c pills and it helps me breathe better when I'm working out along with helping in the recovery process of cell recovery for you muscles. Definitely look into it. A lot of people don't know that. Hardcore trainers, body builders and athlethes  supplement like this to help them with high intensity training. But it has to be in pill form. Drinking OJ won't cut it. lol
Boy,  I think I would make sure that you communicate tenaciously with your doctor. The key thing to communicate are your symptoms,  especially your chest pain and shortness of breath.

I don't see here that you were given an explanation for your chest pain. Be sure you describe your symptoms to your doctor,  and stick with it until you get a diagnosis.  If a nurse or someone else is moderating or a go between,  ask to speak directly with thedoc.  Or get another opinion...
Iam not sure I made my point well enough.   It is very important that you have appropriate medical care if you have chest pain. Get yourself to a doctor and be sure to describe your chest pain,  and follow up until the doctor gives you a proper diagnosis.
I just got word that that my Echo-cardiogram came back normal.Thats good,but still no answers at all.I took a lung function test on Wednesday,and I'm awaiting the results.Also.when this first started,I changed my eating habits,and lost 22 pounds in the first month.I lost 13 pounds in the second month.In the third month,My weight went up and down a lot.I fluctuated between 293 and 297 pounds all month.I am just under six feet tall,by the way,and I'm 28 years old.What do you think about that?