a-fib and pvcs
I was in er with a fib that was inthe 140s.  I have had 3 ablations and was doing well for 8 months then had to go to er. I was looking at the monitor and I had 23 PVCs in a row.  Isnt that dangerous? The monitor started going off but they didnt seem concerned.
23 pvcs in a row is non sustained v-tach. i'm surprised that that doctors did not seem concerned. you should mention that to your primary doctor. ventricular tachycardia can lead to ventricular fibrillation and asystole.
I thought it was just a rapid ventricular response from the a-fib
isaid 23 in arow and the monitor was in myroom. Do youread?
I am not sure how to take your posts.  The "do you read" comment seems out of place here.  We are trying to help you.  I will tell you that you had NSVT IF you were, in fact, reading the telemetry correctly.  I was not reading it, so had to ask other questions to make sure I could answer as accurately as possible, under the circumstances.  NSVT (non-sustained v-tach) as justanumber stated in an earlier post, in the absence of heart disease is not something a doctor or educated nurse would get worked up over.  If you do, in fact, have heart disease, then it could happen for any number of reasons and it would be something that they should have reacted to, at the time.