post cardiac ablation complication
Please explain treatment and prognosis for extensive groin hematoma following cardiac ablation (patient is on heparin) with massive scrotal and testicular swelling / discoloration?
It appears others have no experience to share, or they just haven't yet read.  I'll respond to bump this post back to the top, and to say while I have never had an ablation I have had two cardio catheterization studies, and had no problem either time with the groin area, I even had trouble seeing where the catheter was inserted.  Lucky me, I guess.
Being female, I didn't have THAT problem after my 3 ablations, but there was a sizable hematoma.  You can try warm compresses to help speed the absorption.  It will likely take a few WEEKS.  Take ibuprofen for the first few days around the clock... but NOT with nothing else in your tummy or you will experience burning and puking.  Good luck.  Don't wear too tight of clothing.  Call your md if it gets worse instead of better.