swelling ankles and very fast heart rate???
I've had very swollen ankles and a very fast heart rate (125-135) for about 2 weeks now.  I'm rather concerned about this.  I can feel my heart beating quite a bit of the time.  This can be alarming.  I also sometimes have difficulty breathing, but I do have asthma.  I recently spent 10 days in the hospital for asthmatic/bronchitis.  While I was there the doctors were concerned about my heart, because of these symptoms.  They did an EKG, but I guess it was fine.  The swelling has continued as has the fast heart rate.  My blood pressure is higher than my normal, which has always run quite low.  They did find a nodule on my lung on CT scan, which I need to have repeated next week.
I'm also having strange symptoms, which may or may not be related.  I'm very tired most of the time, and I get out of breath doing the most mundane things, like walking up a small incline or a small flight of stairs.  I have also felt sharp pains in my chest on a number of occasions, but then they just go away.  Sometimes I can feel like there is liquid rumbling around in my chest.  It will cause wheezing from my chest, but not from my lungs.  Does that make sense??
I do have Shingles, which I came down with right after coming home from the hospital on June 23rd.  I still have the pain and some of the rash.  I'm on antibiotics and Lyrica for the pain.
Does anyone have any ideas??  I have an appointment with my doc later in the week, but I'd really like to know what others think.  Please help.  This is a little scary.  Thanks
The HR is too high, something must be done to lower it, I believe.  If it is driven by AFib, then clot prevention is also necessary, I believe.

Does you appointment specifically include your heat rate concern?  Will the doctor be able to do at least an EKG?

What are the side effect warnings for the medications you are taking for shingles?  
NTB
step 1 when experiencing sudden onset problems usually should be: if taking a medication, look to see if your symptoms are listed under adverse effects.

Jerry is right: you'll find edema as well as tachycardia listed for Lyrica.
Thank you, Jerry and NTB,
I've only been on the Lyrica for about 1 week, but the swollen ankles and fast heart rate have been going on for almost 3 weeks.  Actually, it's been over a month, on and off, because the doctors at the hospital back in June were concerned.  
Could this be problems with ny heart if I had a normal EKG in the hospital, and it's been going on for awhile??  As I'm sitting here typing this, my chest feels so tight, sort of like there's a large weight placed on it, and I need to struggle to get in air.
The doctor that I'm seeing tomorrow is a regular GP.  I'm just seeing him to check on the Shingles, but I'm going to mention the other issues, of course.
Well... I went to my GP for the Shingles check.  He was very concerned about my fast heart rate (133 in his office), and the swollen ankles and calves.  He sent me right over to the hospital to be evaluated.  They admitted me immediately to the cardiac care unit.  I was placed on a heart monitor, given an EKG, and multiple medications.  They said that my heart looked okay, despite running very fast (tachycardia).  I was also having shortness of breathe from my asthma, so I was on oxygen and breathing treatments every half hour.  I was also given an echocardiogram, which determined that my heart was fine:)  
There were multiple tests done, both blood and urine.  It was determined that I have something called very low Albumin (2.8) and Hypoproteinemia, which is very low protein in my blood.  The doctors weren't sure why yet.  They were still running more tests.  At least I know that my heart is okay!!  When I left the hospital, after only 2 days this time, my heart rate was still 124 and my ankles and legs are still swollen, but at least I sort of have an answer.  Now I just need to find out why??  I eat a pretty high protein diet, so it probably isn't that, and the doctor agreed.  She thought that the protein was "leaking" out somewhere.
Thanks for listening.
. I see this is from 2009; what was the eventual dignosis. I'm having similar symptoms. At present mine seems to be hyperthyroidism; based on some blood texts that .i had.  Carol