Hepatitis Social Community
48 wk treatment and anti depressants

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

48 wk treatment and anti depressants

I will be seeing the psychiatrist a month before I start the 48wk treatment and was wondering if anyone could tell me if some are better than others. I have high anxiety and really am afraid of this whole process. I really don't know what to expect.They say some get so depressed they kill themselves. Having 2 attempts under my belt already  anyone have anything to ease my mind?
Do you know how much liver damage if any that you have? Did you have a recent biopsy? do you know what genotype you have. these are all considerations in treatment and how long you treat. There are many new drugs coming out, if your damage is minimal perhaps you could wait until the meds get to the point where interferon is not necessary. Although this will still be many years out, it may be the best course for you.

We are not doctors here, and it sounds like you have serious psychiatric issues that really can't be assessed by sick people on an internet forum.

If you have had two suicide attempts your hepatologist should know about your history and current emotional condition. I would think that your hepatologist would want to speak with your psychiatrist before the considered treatment. Personally I think you should disclose everything and you should insure that you have a very experienced hepatologist treating you.

I am very sorry to hear about your emotional pain, I hope some day it improves for you.

You truly need the professionals to advise you though.

Take Care,
Dave

I'm not sure how much this will help you as I tx'd over 10 years ago, pre peg days even. But before tx and after the biopsy etc I met with a woman who worked for my MD and had a long discussion with her about matters such as depression and the help offered. 24 Hr hot line etc. It was included in the RX cost actually. I don't know if that is still the case concerning tx or not but if you're interested in something like that, ask and it may still be available. I never used it as I didn't, knowingly anyways, experience depression. Till post tx, but that's another matter.
Good Luck,
Speed
I am in stage three liver disease.from recent biopsy.Geno type 1 i believe.The Dr do not suggest that i wait for the new drugs to become available in Canada.I think i am more anxious than anything else as I live in an emotionally abusive relationship and I am afraid he will try to push me over the edge. I intend to get myself in a better place emotionally and physically (moving) perhaps. I really need this to succeed as the success will depend on my being able to be as honest with my dr and myself. I have decided to take control of my life and be as proactive as possible. I am going to talk with my family Dr and ask to be put on the best ssri he has and just deal with my migraines for the duration of the treatments.Also I want to stay in the city where I will have access to the outpatient sessions and in a better place for my sanity.I have grown alot in the past few days and now realize I would never do anything to harm myself again. I am on a healing journey. Thank you so much I feel much better knowing I will always have this forum to find some advice   bless you thank you for responding
Thank you for responding. I have done a lot of soul searching and will be on a healing journey and start to take control of my healing and my life in general. Having this forum to turn to for advice really opened my eyes and knowing that I do have the options to get a good ssri to help me and even move closer to the center to help me through this    thank you so much for the response i didn't think anyone would respond  it made a big difference thanks