Hepatitis Social Community
Has anyone ever been cured?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Has anyone ever been cured?

Hi I have type 2 hep c  I was diagnosed around Oct.6 with viral load one million and eighty thousand. No liver damage; I quite drinking and smoking. I began hydrogen peroxide food grade drops (internal)
juicing with organic only; milk thistle; green food algae pills; and took another blood test within 3 weeks later down to 81,000. They thought it may be cronic (chronic) I disagree. I think it was acute. however, I have a very strong faith Jesus will heal me. Has anyone been completely cured? Why is viral load so important if it does not determine liver damage? I thought if it was 0 viral load you do not have Hep C anymore?  

I have not seen a post in the 2 months i have been visiting this forum from anyone that cleared Hep c through organic means. I have seen several post from folks that have reached SVR through interferon/Riba. There was a long post on 10/28/2007 "Does everyone here treat as soon as they know" The person that started that post uses the term cured (She has been SVR for 9 years) most everyone here uses SVR. Although some people do not achieve SVR the 1st or 2nd or..... 7th time they treat. You are type 2 I am not sure of the sucess rates for type 2 they are higher than type 1.
If you are still in the acute phase of the illness your immune system can cure it. It occurs spontaneously in 15% of cases with no treatment (acute phase only) . However, if you are already chronic you cannot technically be cured. Viruses are either active or dormant (including the chicken pox virus and herpes, etc.). By achieving SVR we are getting the virus to go dormant. When it's chronic it's active.

There was a teenager last year who made a machine that made his virus go dormant. But he was not encouraged to say what type of machine it was. I think he was very mechanically inclined.

There was a lady who got pills from Italy that was controlling her virus and making her better, but I don't know if she became undetectable. You can take Dr. Zhang's herbs for the same purpose (sinomedresearch.org). I took them for 4 years.

If anyone is becoming undetectable with natural methods they are not posting it here. You might check out curezone.com    

P.S.
Viral load can fluxuate greatly. Even from week to week or month to month for various reasons. It's not very important except that it is supposed to be easier to become undetectable if your viral load is lower (or under one million).
People who had chronic hep. C and became undetectable can never donate blood or organs. I don't know about acute cases who cleared it, they might be able to. I know one lady who treated for a year. She also had lupus. Another doctor gave her prednisone and the virus came back. She had to treat for another year. She is now undetectable again. So we have to always be careful to take things that are liver friendly.

That's great that you were able to lower your viral load so much. I did the same thing with colloidal silver. I was in the millions and then went down to 640,000 when I treated last year. I'm 8 weeks post tx.  

Yes, genotype 2 has 80% chance of becoming undetectable with current medicines. I have 1 a. I treated for 51 weeks.
First, I don't think that your viral load would have been that high in an acute phase.  I had actual documentation that I was an acute (negative blood tests followed by a positive blood test) and my viral load was only about 160,000 or so.  Another member here who also was an acute had a fairly similar viral load, perhaps three or four hundred thousand at the very most.  Also, we were both very ill with acute symptoms.

From your post it is not quite clear if you are asking if anyone on the board has "cleared" the virus without the use of pharmaceuticals, or if they have been "cured" with pharmaceuticals.  I do not know of anyone who has cleared the virus on their own or with herbs of any kind.  Many many people on this board have, however, been cured via pharmaceuticals and remain clear of the virus today.

Statistically, there ARE purportedly those who do clear the virus on their own in the first couple of months, I just haven't ever seen any here.
Im cured as far as I am concerned. Treated with Pegasys and Ribavirin in 2003, and remain virus free still today. Once a person reaches SVR 6 months post treatment, then there is a 98+ percentage that they will not relapse. In other words, less than 2% chance of relapsing after achieving SVR.
Earth Dude