Hepatitis Social Community
LAST SHOT OF PEG.......DONE!
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

LAST SHOT OF PEG.......DONE!

Last night I did my last shot of peg. Thursday will be my last dose of ribavirin. I am absolutely astounded that I'm actually here. When I think back to October 18th, which was the beginning of treatment I was so naive in what this whole process is about. I went into it all cocky thinking I'm going to show everybody and breeze right through this. I was actually chuckling as I walked out of the doctors door with my meds. Well, two weeks later the meds were belly laughing at me. Slam, those side effects can really blind side you. I looked for my doctor, my nurse, my husband anyone to say "stop" but nobody did. I even looked for someone on this forum to say it and again all I was given was "you can do it". And everyone was right!  As someone said on another thread, "treatment is treatment". I want to encourage anyone out there who thinks its time to throw in the towel to take it one day at a time. Maybe if need be one hour, one minute to get through. If I can be here at the finish line of treatment I think for most it can be done. A huge thank you to all that have listened to my whining about my rash, my puffy face and eyes, my skin and most recently my hair just to name a few. Without all of your support, encouragement and humor I would not be here. Xoxox. ON TO SVR!!!!
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3159077_tn?1356034731
Congratulations on finishing your treatment. Good story about your reality check but I can relate. I kept my gym membership active instead of putting it on hold because I thought I was going to keep going to the gym no matter what. Right. I couldn't even lift the trashcan sometimes let alone workout with weights. Let us know how your recovery goes.  Reid
Blank
1494170_tn?1361754460
Congratulations that is Awesome and good luck on your way to SVR...

Reidmusic ~ LOL, sounds very familiar...
Blank
1986676_tn?1329866071
Wonderful news!
Now on to SVR.

Reva
Blank
1815939_tn?1377995399
Congratulations on finishing Tx. Now on to SVR>
Blank
congrats and well done finishing tx good luck on svr may all your dreams come true
Blank
Congrats on EOT! Onward to SVR!
Advocate1955
Blank
5045042_tn?1365893700
congrats! im just really afraid of the rash cause im diabetic as well....
Blank
4652753_tn?1364585546
Congrats and thanks for the encouragement.  It is indeed a treatment that I am so grateful for.  Do I dislike how I feel on some days, yes.  Do I appreciate the days I feel really good, yes.  I know the road can seem really long when you just look forward, however I find when I mark off small chunks of time it seems doable.  I have 10 days until I say good-bye to incivik and hopefully finally reach UND, however that is as far as I am looking forward for now.  

I really wish you all the best and onward to SVR!!!!  Again, thanks for your story and encouragement.

Linda
Blank
Congrats on finishing tx!  Off to SVRland :)
Blank
2114467_tn?1358213856
Another cheerleader here. SVRland sounds about right.
C
Blank
WOO-HOO!  Congrat's on finishing and bring on the SVR!
Blank
317787_tn?1373214989
Congratulations on finishing tx, I am so happy for you.  It is really tough but when you get to the end you realize how strong you were

Again, so glad for you. Take Care
Dee
Blank
Thank you all for the good wishes. I  took my last dose of ribavirin this morning and just got back from the hep doctor.  The study nurse, doctor and others in the office were all high 5ing each other. I'm pretty sure I am one of those patients that they all thought wouldn't finish. Frankly I'm still in shock that I finished. I did have some dosage reductions but they don't seem concerned so I'm only going to think positive thoughts. As I said above, if I can do it I think for most it is doable. Not a fun journey but hopefully SVR at the end.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...