Hepatitis Social Community
Military Veterans and Treatment .

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Military Veterans and Treatment .

Hello all, just a fyi to military Veterans.
        I have been seeing many posts re; Treatment costs and insurance hassles. I just want to make sure the Vets . out there know that Treatment is available for all veterans Honorably discharged . I have had great treatment through the v.a. from diagnosis/ biop., to treatment options. almost all free. so check it out!   * 1 in ten, military vets. have hep. C.*  
             Aloha, R.
I had no idea that tx was free. I was honorably d/ced in '78. Where did you get the stats on one in ten?
Bug
FYI, don't get too excited, the status you are given depends on your income.  I applied, and they agreed that yes, I was eligible, BUT i was in like the very last H? group so I would never have received treatment because I made more money than the minimum allowed.  I also felt like I had good insurance, and there were more folks that needed help worse than I did, so I didn't petition for further review or anything....

good luck,
c.
    I posted info sites above in new thread . enjoy!  Yes I believe people with high pay and insurance  may not need this but  for many of us this is good info.  Thxs. for feedback all you!
                                                    R.
  P.S .  I find the jet gun vaccination info interesting, I remember being in a long line near a Field tent @ ft.Ord. getting "shots" from a gun on both arms at once they never even wipped the tip off.  aloha!
New info to me as well... I did 10 years and 'Honorably D'ed' in 83... haven't heard about the freebie and would like to know more... I am (somewhat) high paid exec and have great beny's but would like to know my 'rights' if I do have them...
I too am fighting the VA for hep c service connection. I was in Marines 69-72, stationed in Pendleton. I have been looking for buddy letters, or any other kind of help, and since I have researched day and night, I might have some info you don't have, so ask away! One comment to the person talking about treatment, drugs and the cost. I am on Peg-Intron and ribaviran. I ran out of insurance, and for some reason, didn't go to VA. I get my meds totally free of cost thru Scherling-Plough and their commitment to care program. My meds are Fed-ex'ed to me once a month, so if you have ran out of options, they are out there.
I still don't see where the info is re: vets and incidence of hep c. Have any idea? This is an old post (2007) and I'm not sure where livindabest posted his info.

Bug