Rituxin
To JM JM and all-
I have cryo attached to my Hep C,and I am going to Shands Hospital in Gainesville, FL. After 2.5 rds. of therapy & not being able to reach SVR., everyone has consulted & have decided not to treat the Hep C, but the Cryo with Rituxin. Has anyone either taken these treatments or know anything about them? I know that they are similair to Dialysis treatments & I have been assured that they will eliminate the Cryo. They do not feel that another rd. of interferon treatment for the Hep C is a viable option?

I hope alll is doing well-I have not posted for awhile as I have been seening 4 different Doctors at Shands, plus my Gastroenterologist, Hepatitus C Doctor in Lakeland. I need a small plane or a Helicopter! The drives are killing me, bith financially and physically.

SJL
Forgive me everybody, for wasting two posts here.   Hi Sandy.  I am having a "I am such a ditz moment right now!"    I'm getting ready to fly up to N.C. tomorrow and the thought of going through a major airport, dealing with flying is causing me to have an anxiety/panic attack problem.  My brain is just not functioning at a peak performance and I'm like,  "what if I miss my flight??"  What if I can't get to the right spot in the terminal in time??"  "What if I packed something in my bag that the security people have a cow over??"  Obviously, I don't travel alot in the air, can you tell?   I spend most of my time at home in my comfortable space w/o a major thinking process being utilized, with the exception of driving to locations that I've already driven to numerous times.  After I had my disappointing news a couple of weeks ago, my parents suggested I get a ticket and come up there to see them.  Since I don't do long distance drives by myself (and this would be a trip to go by myself), it requires flying.   I drive my husband crazy because he doesn't understand why I get so anxious over travel.  He's done it for years and does it all the time for business reasons.  Anyway, Sandy, I'm sorry that you have had so many problems w/the cryo.  Amazingly, I haven't had any cryo issues.  I've had some skin issues w/my last 2 rounds of treatment.  At the moment, I'm doing better w/that, since I'm back OFF of treatment.  I've had some 'mental issues', such as the above.  But, for the most part, I've faired pretty well considering all these times I've treated.  The only big complaint I have is that I haven't reached SVR.  My research center doctor's office laughingly stated that if I was to do Telaprevir in combination w/something in the future that maybe they'd do a 'paper' on me.  I don't know if they were joking, or if they were serious.  This came up when I was trying to tell them what I would do as far as my 'catering' my own treatment regimen.  I would do this:   double dose Peg-Intron, Ribavirin & Telaprevir (and if it were needed - I'd throw in rescue drugs).  Anyway, seriously, I really don't know if I'll even attempt to treat again, it's all just speculation at this point.  

Susan
Sorry so late getting back, but I don't read all the threads anymore, and don't always come over on this side. As to your question, I really don't know much about Cryo or treating with Rutuxin. Hopefully someone else can be of more help.

All the best,

-- Jim
WHAT ARE THE AQRINMES YOU WERE TALKING ABOUTSVR AND CYRO . I REALLY DONT EVEN KNOW ANYMORE WHAT ARE THE SYMTPONS THAT YOU HAVE HEPC I KNOW MY LEGS USE TO ACHE BUT OTHER THAN THAT I NEVER FELT ANY DIFFERENT. I WENT THRU THE INTERFERON  AND RBAVIRIN TREATMENT TWICE AND IT DID NOT WORK .I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT IN SHAND IN AUGUST TO BE RECHECKED