Survival Rates
Survival rate statistics for Liver conditions: The following are statistics from various sources about the survival rate for Liver conditions:
The 1 year survival rate for patients who have a liver transplant is 85% in the US (University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
The 5 year survival rate for patients who have a liver transplant is 70% in the US (University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
81.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
69.7% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients who have had a liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
75.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
70.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a whole liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
60.3% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
61.1% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a reduced-size liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
83.3% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
89.4% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
62.3% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a whole-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
76.5% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a whole-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
62.7% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
75% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/l/liver/deaths.htm

Sorry bout the above post..at first i thought it was worth posting...its not really that infromative...but some parts are interesting.
I think it's very informative for those who are weighing whether to treat or not...This shows where they could wind up if they develop liver failure from hep C and are lucky enough to get a liver...:) ~Melinda
It strikes home how serious this illness truly can be, I agree with MedicMommy.  It is a serious part of the issue that people who are weighing the choices do have to think about.

I thought it was a little scary after i posted it...but reality is also needed to come to grips with HCV....i havnt been posting much latley...just feeling  a wee bit blue after all that happening to me lately...but i am feeling better now as the days go by...im just taking care of certain things ...and i thought meds were a full time job...LOL...my hands are over flowing now...jezz....when it rains on me....it comes in bucket fulls sloshed in my face
It's a reality check for those of us in the middle of tx---reminds us why we are fighting.

Maybe this will help with the rain.........=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sfpAKjrgsw&feature=relate...