Hepatitis Social Community
Survival Rates
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Survival Rates

Survival rate statistics for Liver conditions: The following are statistics from various sources about the survival rate for Liver conditions:
The 1 year survival rate for patients who have a liver transplant is 85% in the US (University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
The 5 year survival rate for patients who have a liver transplant is 70% in the US (University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
81.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
69.7% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients who have had a liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
75.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
70.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a whole liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
60.3% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
61.1% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a reduced-size liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
83.3% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
89.4% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
62.3% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a whole-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
76.5% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a whole-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
62.7% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
75% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/l/liver/deaths.htm