Aa
A
A
Close
Survival Rates
Survival rate statistics for Liver conditions: The following are statistics from various sources about the survival rate for Liver conditions:
The 1 year survival rate for patients who have a liver transplant is 85% in the US (University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
The 5 year survival rate for patients who have a liver transplant is 70% in the US (University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
81.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
69.7% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients who have had a liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
75.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
70.9% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a whole liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
60.3% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
61.1% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients who have had a reduced-size liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
83.3% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
89.4% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a live-donor liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
62.3% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a whole-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
76.5% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a whole-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
62.7% is the 1 year survival rate for grafts in paediatric patients under 1 who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)
75% is the 1 year survival rate for paediatric patients under 1 who have had a split-liver graft 1990-96 (UNOS, University of Southern California’s Center for Pancreatic and Biliary Diseases)

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/l/liver/deaths.htm

Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Sorry bout the above post..at first i thought it was worth posting...its not really that infromative...but some parts are interesting.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I think it's very informative for those who are weighing whether to treat or not...This shows where they could wind up if they develop liver failure from hep C and are lucky enough to get a liver...:) ~Melinda
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
179856 tn?1333550962
It strikes home how serious this illness truly can be, I agree with MedicMommy.  It is a serious part of the issue that people who are weighing the choices do have to think about.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I thought it was a little scary after i posted it...but reality is also needed to come to grips with HCV....i havnt been posting much latley...just feeling  a wee bit blue after all that happening to me lately...but i am feeling better now as the days go by...im just taking care of certain things ...and i thought meds were a full time job...LOL...my hands are over flowing now...jezz....when it rains on me....it comes in bucket fulls sloshed in my face
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
412873 tn?1329178055
It's a reality check for those of us in the middle of tx---reminds us why we are fighting.

Maybe this will help with the rain.........=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sfpAKjrgsw&feature=relate...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
Blank
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
14 hrs ago
675718 tn?1449992146
Blank
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz