Hepatitis Social Community
enough testing for hepatitis?

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

enough testing for hepatitis?

I have the following test results for hep c.  Can you tell me if I can relax?

Neg antibody 195 days after exposure.

Neg Riba 105 days and 248 days after exposure.  The screening test was 1.0.

Neg Pcr, qualitative, 129 days after exposure.

I want to move on with life.  Can someone tell me if I am truly neg for HepC?
I'm not a doctor, but I am a pretty experienced HCV patient (I've had it for nearly a quarter century). From what you report, it certainly appears as if you were not infected. HCV antibodies and actual viral presence usually show themselves well before a 129 day time from infection. I'd start feeling real comfortable at this point that you dodged the bullet. But just to be safe I'd have myself checked at 6 months and again at a year using both the antibody test and a sensitive viral load PCR test that goes down to 10 IU/ml or so. But really, if I were you I'd definitely start to relax, I'd say the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor that you're in the clear for good (barring another exposure of course).
Many thanks, mremeet.  you gave me a lot of confidence.