Hepatitis Social Community
just found out I have antibodies.. no insurance help please

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Hey guys. I just found out about a month ago that I tested positive for the antibodies. I have been trying to figure out what to do. I have no insurance or regular Dr. Money is very tight.. If I have hep c I think I may have Been infected almost a year ago. I know I have read its a slow virus but the last couple of weeks I have been feeling g very I'll. Sharp pains in right side, pressure in my abdomen, no appetite and very tired. Does anyone know  where I can go for confirmatory testing and treatment with no insurance? What about if how I'm feeling has anything to do with the virus? Thanks all...
I don't know where you live.  If you live in the United States go to your Public Health Department in your county.  You can get instruction and assistance dealing with your current status.  Direction to obtain confirmation testing to confirm you do or do not have hepatitis C.  25% clear Hepatitis C and test positive for antibodies only.  Call your local county public health department.

Best to you
Having the antibodies doesn't mean you have the virus,the next step is a simple viral load test to see if you have virus.Everyone who has or had Hep C always test positive for the antibodies.

Wishing you all the best.