Hepatitis Social Community
occupations to avoid

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

occupations to avoid

Are there any occupations that it is remended to avoid while on treatment?
Do you have a choice of a lot of occupations? I would avoid something physically or mentally demanding. I would say no to brain surgery as I wouldn't want you operating on me during tx, and I would say no to pro football for sure though, baseball may be doable!

Many people work during tx, it really depends on your response to the drugs.

- Dave
What is used to help with nausea?  Is that the hardest part as far as missing work??-Jan
You can ask your Doctor for meds for nausea. I took Zofran, it really helped me.
I would not work in any health care positions, especially if you have a viral load. Reason being you can pass it to others through blood to blood contact. In Dental you get stuck a lot I know thats where I got it. I quit as soon as I was diagnosed in fear of passing it to others.