Confused about alcohol and BP
I read about the many positive effects of drinking 1-2 glasses of red wine idea, such as raising HDL and lowering risk for heart disease.  

But I'm conflicted on the BP issue.  I have read that 1-2 glasses/day will lower overall BP but in the immediate time you start drinking it raises your BP.

So is it a good practice as far as BP goes, given it might raise your BP in the short run but lower it overall in the long run?

I don't think that a glass or two of wine everyday makes much of a difference either way. I always thought based on what I've read is that much is dependent on the individual. The immediate increase is slight and unless it remains elevated should make no difference. If it works for you, give it a go.