Head pressure and ringing ears
Hi... I'm a 53 year old female.  Normally my BP is below 120/80. On rare occasion or when stressed it can spike to over 150/90. Yesterday was a rather crazy and stressful day with a lot of running around. By the time I got to my office for a 2:30 meeting my head felt "full" or pressure pushing outward and my ears were ringing rather loudly.  It seemed as if I were under water looking around with my eyes open.  After my meeting, it was a little worse and I didn't catch on that it might be my BP until it started to subside.  I happened to have a wrist monitor in the car, so I went out and took my BP.  It was a little high 151/92.  Symptoms subsided and within a couple of hours were back to normal.  How serious is this sort of spike in BP?
151/92 is not really high enough to feel symptomatic, it usually takes readings around 200/100 to really feel any affect. That is why hypertension is the "silent" killer as it rarely has any symptoms. The conditions you describe can also come on with high stress. Plus, it's not to say that you did not spike to a much higher number when you were at "max stress". Some people can feel increased pressure in their sinuses and ears with increased levels of BP, but again it takes a fairly high number to feel any affect although I'm sure some people can be more sensitive than others.

Hope this helps,

Jon
Thanks jon.  The pressure wasn't in my sinus or in my ears.  My head felt full, like one of those dolls you squeeze and the eyes pop out. I guess it was nothing to be concerned about.