High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Helppp!

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support your journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, exercise, and treatment.

Helppp!

I am 18 years old and I have been having the same problem since I was 14. It started with going from a cold to warm to cold place, I would get blurred vision and hearing, I would gag, be very clammy, and pale and get close to or pass out. It used to only happen once every few years, but over the years it has been progressing. And now it is once every few weeks. A few months back I had a case where I stood up to walk from the living room to the kitchen and the blurred vision and hearing came so I grabbed the door frame to try and stabilize myself. The next thing I remember is waking up shaking very bad like full body convulsions and not knowing where I was untill I got a good look around the room, a few weeks later the same thing happened in the middle of walmart . After these attachs I am able to get up and walk away like nothing happened. I'm hoping to get an experts thoughts on my situation.
Sorry, this is a patient forum and there are no experts here. Unfortunately.

What does your doctor think about this?

What is your blood pressure when you are at the doctor's office?

Dizziness/fainting when standing up, with lots of following symptoms, is usually caused by a LOW blood pressure, or a blood pressure that doesn't regulate properly when standing. The same symptoms may occur when going from a cold to a warm place. Your blood vessels dilate and the blood pressure drops.

However, your shaking and convulsions warrant a further examination, to rule out any other cause, such as cardiac arrhythmias, epilepsy, etc. If you haven't talked to your doctor about the events you mentioned, you should do so. And get your blood pressure measured, both sitting and standing.