Ideal blood pressure for 76 yrs old woman
Hi, my mother is 76 yrs old and has been taking a pill called Envas for high blood pressure control for 15 yrs now. It irritated her throat. So she changed to Amlopress (amlodipine) table - half daily - on another doctor's advice. Her blood pressure (systolic) seems to be rising every day. Yesterday it was 150/80 and today it was 170/80. She is active in managing her home - like cooking, washing clothes and so on. She doesn't exercise beyond that because of her knee arthritis.
Should we take a second opinion on the high blood pressure medicine and its dosage? What is the ideal blood pressure we should target for her?
Welcome and thanks for posting. It would seem like a second opinion is warranted. Our BP increases as we age, but hers is too high, it really needs to stay around 130/90. I would see another doctor just to be safe.

Good luck,

Jon
Thanks! Will do that today itself.