High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
Question about omron blood pressure monitor inflation

A community of people with High Blood Pressure to guide and support you. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I'm currently using Omron BP785. Is it normal that the cuff inflates to (for example) 172, reduces to 164 and then goes back up to 170 something and drops again. Is this normal? It goes back up only once. Hope that made sense.

This didn't happen with the previous monitor I was using. It would inflate to a certain number and the numbers would drop steadily. Nothing like the above.

I know nothing about how monitors work. Can someone please help clarify if this is normal?

Thanks.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? How is your blood pressure readings? After inflation, blood pressure cuffs usually decrease gradually while pressure is released.  If this problem persists, you may need to have this checked or bring this to attention with the store where you bought it. Take care and do keep us posted.