Resistant High Blood Pressure--Suggestions
I am currently taking lisinopril, metropolol, and furosemide for high blood pressure, but it does nothing to help. "Low" for me is 180/100 and currently I'm running 225/125 every day, all day, even with full meds. My doctor has thrown her hands up and said she no longer knows what to do for me. I've been on six different medications. I lost 40 lbs and it made no difference in the numbers. Would love to hear other people's thoughts and experiences.
I have the same experience. I am on micardis, cardizem, vasotec and metoprol. My bp was staying fairly consistent finally but then pharmacies here say they can no longer get name brand cardizem and switched me to Cartia. Now bp and HR is elevated again. A couple nights ago it was 189/104 and until med change it had started staying at 105/70. Now that I cant get the name brand cardizem we dont know what to to. I have a primary a cardiologist and electrophysiologist and they all are stumped. I have been diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction and have ms.
Hope you can get yours stable. I don't have answers but you arent alone.