quit taking gemfibrozil but my bp is back up high
So I have been on Pravastatin, Benszpril, and Gemfibrozil 600mg for some time now. My blood pressure was finally in control, my labs looked great at my last DR visit. Change in Health car plan lead to new DR.  WHo want me to try to quit the Gemfirozil for thirty days as i may not need it. Now my blood pressure is back up and I am having pains everywhere. DR just sees pain on my note to them and suggest making an app for my knee pain. I am concerned about my BP going back up so High. Any have this problem looking for so help or advice?
How are you? How is your blood pressure? It is good that the initial diagnostic tests were fine. Gemfibrozil  is usually indicated to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood and lower the risk of stroke, heart attack, or other heart complications in people with high cholesterol and triglycerides who have not been helped by other treatment methods.  If your diagnostic tests results ( cholesterol levels) are okay, this medicine may indeed be  discontinued. However, if  BP increases and additional symptoms occur, you may need to inform your doctor for proper management.  With Gemfibrozil, regular monitoring of your liver and kidney function is important. Take care and do keep us posted.