Is hepatitis b vaccine the cause of my hives?
I recently recieved my third injection of the hepatitis b vaccine which I was required to get for my school and to go out and work as a Medical Assistant. I recieved the injection on Friday and on Monday I started to notice the hives. Since then they have become worse. Is this serious and is it a side effect of the injection? Should I be concerned.

This discussion is related to Hepatitis B Vaccine _ Side Affects- Shortness of Breath, Hives, Diffculty Swallo.
Hi!
Yes, Hepatitis B vaccination can cause hives, rashes, breathing difficulty and other such allergic problems. If the hives are worsening, you should taken an anti-allergic pill and consult a doctor immediately. If left untreated, the allergic reaction can become internal and cause breathing difficulties and other problems. Be sure to inform your doctor about this allergic reaction as usually Hepatitis B is taken as 3 doses. Take care!