MMR Vaccine Question
I am 35 years old and in good health. I had my MMR shots when I was a child and I am trying to enroll in a college now, and they need a copy of my immunization records. Strangely enough, NO ONE can find any record of my receiving the vaccine. I've tried previous employers, my high school, my doctor's office and the NYS Dept. of Health. My mother is 100% sure that I got it.

My question is: Is it safe to get the shot again now? That seems to be my only option at this point, as I currently don't have insurance and cannot afford the $300 to get the bloodwork test performed. Are there any risks, side effects or reasons that I should not get this shot again?

ANY info on this matter at all would be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Sure, get the shot.  When I went to collage later in life I had to re-take my polio vaccine because the original one was done in a public health clinic setting and the records had not followed me.
It doesn't sound like I went to college when I type it "collage."  Typing in too much of a hurry.  LOL
Of course there are side effects to the MMR, there are side effects to every vaccine, drug, medical treatment, surgeries, etc. If you are concerned, please research first, then make an informed decision. Just be aware that vaccines can sometimes carry more risks than a slight fever, arm pain, and the rare anaphylaxis  -those seem to be the only side effects that vaccine makers admit to, and the government lets them get away with. For myself, I would pony up the money even if I had to sell Grandma's beloved watch for the blood test. Here's another question: why does a college make people have vaccines? Do adults not have any consent over their own bodies????
@coriecl - thanks for replying. i know that there are always side effects to getting any vaccine/shot, my concern is if there are any reasons not to get the vaccine again. is there any danger in getting the vaccine a second time?

@anniebrooke - were there any complications after you received after the polio shot for school? thanks for any info you've got.
No.  However, after the number of years since I had had the first shot, it would really be surprising.  Vaccine doesn't last in the body, just the antibodies against the disease do.  (I think even if someone has two vaccinations in a couple of years, there aren't any problems from doubling up.)  Ask your doctor all of this, to be sure.  

corieci, the reason public schools insist that people's vaccines be current is that when a big group of people get together regularly during all seasons of the year, it is a good place for one sick person to infect many other people.  It is not insisted upon to protect me, it is insisted upon to protect others.  I had consent over my body -- I could have gone to school in a state where that was not a requirement in a public university.