Raccoons...
Can you get rabies if a raccoon walks by you? I've wanted to ask this question. A raccoon was giving me a side look as I took some stuff out of the car. It was walking while looking. I gently walked away while holding it's gaze. It was some feet close to me. How are their paws? Can u tell if they scratch you, like is it going to be visible? I know nothing about the wild.
Hi!
No, you cannot get rabies if a raccoon walks by you or stares at you. It is not possible to contact rabies unless the animal bites you as the rabies virus lives in the saliva of animals like dogs, raccoons, bats, fox, skunks etc. In rarer cases, an animal can spread the virus when its saliva comes in contact with a person's mucous membranes (moist skin surfaces, like the mouth or inner eyelids) or broken skin such as a cut, scratch, bruise, or open wound. Yes, a raccoon can bite or scratch you and this can cause rabies. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks Doc, I honestly didn't know what to make of it. I was sincerely scared. It didn't touch me, just the closeness got the fear in me.