Tingling after Swine Flu Vaccine
i have been tingling all overy body, it jumps around from limb to limb, iam 23 weeks pregnant and really worried.
Hi: I am about 8 weeks pregnant and have been feeling tingling in my left arm, hands and feet on and off since receiving my swine flu shot yesterday. I am very worried as well. Can someone urgently answer our question.
Hi. I am sorry that you are having to experience this as well, but honestly kinda relieved that Im not the only one. I have been to the ER, my PCP, and a Neurologist and no one has answers, other than saying that it probably is some kind of reaction to the shot, but didnt know what exactly. I also suffer from anxiety issues, and they think that my anxiety could be making things worse. Here's my experience... It started out with little pains in the back of my neck and near my shoulderblades and then moved to tingling in my left arm (I got the shot in my right arm). This all started about 5-6 hours after getting the shot. Mind you my right arm where I got the shot didnt even hurt! As the night progressed i started to get tingling in the tops of my feet and then in my lips and tip of tongue... This is when I went to the emergency room, because I thought  was having an allergic reaction. So, they checked my reflexes and strength and blood and everything was normal. I followed up with my PCP the following day and still had the tingling but it would come and then go but it would move somewhere else. So, now nearly two weeks later I am feeling a little better, but still have tingly, crawling sensations up the back of my head and in my face. Anyway, I feel so panicked that the shot has done something to me and nobody knows what!! How are you feeling now, any better, worse?
Hi, I already wrote to you in private, remember? I read this post of yours with much interest, because your situation is so similar to mine!! I also feel an aching point behind my shoulder where everything start from (in my opinion). Yesterday I also had this crawling sensation behind my neck and head. And the incredible thing is that I also had the shot in one arm (left in my case) and the problem in the opposite!! The doctors haven't been of any help until now. Tomorrow I will see a neurologist. My personal doctor gave me injections of NICETILE in double dose ( that's the commercial name here in Italy, is a typical medicine for nerve inflammation) and also VitaminB to drink.  I feel a bit relieved to see that for you things have gone slowly better ( even if not completely over). I am also very anxious and I'm taking some drops of tranquillizer in these days, otherwise I would be scared to death. Let's stay in touch, ok ? I hope that also meg1971 will answer your post. BYE!
I never received any private message from you, well at least I dont think so, this is my first time posting here and dont really know how it works. But anyway, that is sOo crazY! Did your Dr. say what could have been the cause and if it would have any lasting effects? Are you pregnant as well?
Hallo! How are you today? No, I'm not pregnant, I have already two children and it's not easy to carry on with the usual everyday life in this situation...last night at dinner I was crying like a fountain and couldn't get over it. I will see the neurologist later (at 10 o'clock, Italian time), now it's 8. I will certainly tell you about the visit. The only things I have been told until now is that my anxiety makes it worse (just like tou!) and that it could be cervical pains....Hear you later!
Hi, here  I am after the visit. The neurologist told me I am ok: he did an electroneurography to me and everything is all right. He said that this is a rare but typical reaction of ALL vaccines and illnesses involving a virus: it's a hyper reaction of your immune system, which "exaggerates" and goes against some part of your body (instead of simply attacking the virus), usually nerves. Why this happens is not clear ( it's the mistery of all auto-immune illnesses), but one can get this side effects also with a flu, or a gastroentiritis, etc...He says evey disturb should fade away slowly in 10 days more or less, which is what is happeniong to you in fact. So: let's try to stay calm, there's nothing really serious with us! In any case let's stay in touch in the following weeks, so we can still exchange opinions. Bye-bye!
Francesca.
P.S. What is your name?
I have read your comments- and I, too, am very worried. I got the swine flu shot at 5pm yesterday and about an hour later, I got tingling in my left hand(same side as shot). Then I got warm all over and tingling in my feet and some cramping in my calf muscles.  I went to the ER and he said it was anxiety- and that I had too much carbon dioxide in my body. He said I would be fine in the morning.  Well- I still have the same tingling and may call a doctor today.  I am still very concerned.
I have an 11 week old baby and am nursing.

Michelle
I had been feeling relief for the most part from the tingling, and then last night I woke up with my right leg tingling slightly and my toes felt like they were going to sleep, but then it went away and I went back to sleep. Then I woke up with my left arm doing the same, it didnt last long, and then went away. I thought this stuff was over or at least fading! Im trying to stay calm, but still am worried that this shot has really done something bad to me. Francy66, did the neurologist say that the "damage" would just heal itself. I mean it has been over two weeks since my first symptoms and now im tingling again, does this mean my immune system is going to continue to fight the wrong things, how does it know to stop? Did he say anything about that? I now you said he said it will fade with time, but did he go into detail on how it heals?
No, sorry, he gave no details about the healing....apart from saying that, if in 10 days things had not changed, we should meet again.. I personally understood that the damage would just heal itself, as you write.  Now you have single separate episodes that don't last long, it is anyway different from having this stuff permanently during the whole day (like me in these days). My personal opinion is that it's gonna take some weeks before we can say definetely bye-bye to this "monster"...To Michelle: too  much carbon dioxide ?!? How can doctors be so stupid sometimes? Nonetheless, I find that anxiety really worsens things.If I take some drops of tranquillizer, I also feel less tingling...perhpas it's just an illusion, but that's it. Try and see a neurologist if you can, so he'll do specific tests that willl be able to calm you a little.Good Night (here is Midnight).
Hi.  I too am experiencing the same symptoms.  I had my H1N1 shot on 11/8.  That night I started with tingling in my hands and feet.  I have been to my primary doctor and a neurologist.  My symptoms went on to include shooting nerve pain/cramp in my calves, pain in my back, thigh etc.  Both doctors also told me this can be a normal body response to any vaccine.  6 days later I am still experiencing the issues.  The neurologist's exam was fine.  I have full reflexes and strength. They tell me that unless I find that I can't walk, am weak, have vision problem etc. that I am to just "wait it out".  I feel though that I am just waiting for something more serious to develop. My husband keeps telling me to relax and I am finding it impossible.  Thank you all for sharing your comments.  
I can't tell you how thankful I am to read all these posts, even though I am sorry that you are all experiencing this!!!  I was up through the night last night because the tingling was getting worse and I was getting cramps in my legs.   And thank you Francesca -- Yes, the doctors are always so quick to say it is anxiety!  I was anxious because I was tingling, I wasn't tingling because I was anxious...I was planning to call the CDC today to report this -- there is a number listed on the sheet they gave us is 1-800-822-7967 or you can file a report at http://vaers.hhs.gov.  Maybe if there are enough people writing in about this, there will be a little more attention to it.  I am one of the first people in my state (Massachusetts) to get the vaccine because of my 11 week old, so it seems they don't have a lot of information here about what side effects have come with the vaccine.
My main fear is, how long will this last and will it get worse?  But my mom and husband keep telling me to just live in the moment (a very tingly moment) and don't worry worries until worries worry me (my grandmother used to say that)
If I am up again tonight worrying I will try that idea of a sedative.  Thanks again everyone for continuing to write here and reporting your experiences.
Michelle
Michelle, I feel exactly the same way. How long will it last and will it get worse?  Easy for the doctors to say just "wait".  I am trying to work and run a household. Getting worse, really is not an option!  I reported it initially to my county health dept in NJ (they administered the shots at a clinic).  The nurse I spoke to made it sound like I was the only person to report such symptoms.  I think I will also call the CDC.  I know we are not alone.  I got the shot because I strangely had pneumonia two years in a row and was scared to come down with H1N1 and have it go to my lungs.  Now I think I would have taken that chance instead.    
I got the H1N1 shot yesterday morning and I woke up early this morning with tingling in my left arm and leg.  I got the shot in my right arm.  I did not experience this with the seasonal flu shot.  I was soo scared that I was having a stroke! ...and don't want Guillaine barre.  For those who have experienced this, how long did it last?
I think we all wish we knew how long it lasted.  I had mine last Sunday and I am still experiencing problems.  I had the shot in my left arm and it started on the right side.  I too am freaking out that I have early stage GBS, but doctors keep telling me that until I have actual muscle weakness, reflex problems etc. there is not much to worry about.
I reported my symptoms to the CDS using the VAERS website you provided.  I think everyone should do this.  If you click on the report on the right it indicates that over 1900 people have reported adverse reactions so far (and those are just the people who reported).  It also does say that 96% of those that reported were not considered serious issues.  Not sure if this makes me feel better or not.
I am Italian and so reported the problem to my local health office, where I took the shot - they called me some days in a row to see "how I felt" and took notice of my neurolgist visit. One day one doctor asked: " Do you have any problems in walking?" I said " No, it's all ok" and she said (probably writing down on her pad) "Ok, she can walk FOR THE MOMENT".......I would have killed her!!! How can be doctors so unsensitive?!? And then they wonder why we are all so anxious!! It's incredible to find out how many people with my same problems there are! I couldn't find anyone in my own country until now. It's a relief to exchange two words at least with you. I feel very lonely. My husband helps me as he can, my children are little and need a fit, healthy mother - I can't say anything to my own mummy why she suffers from very high blood pressure and she must avoid emotional stress. It's not easy to gon on as if  everything were normal. Today my arms and hands are ok, but my right leg and foot have been tingling on and off all day, and I also felt a little pain by the ankle. I'll try to give a look at this VAERS website, bye to everyone, Francesca.
Thanks for the information. I hope all is well with everyone.  I will keep you updated.
How is everybody doing?  I still am having issues.  Went to the ER last night to get my child checked out for her illness and I asked the dr. about my symptoms.  He said to keep an eye on it.  If it gets worse, call my doc or go to ER.  I still feel tingling.  :(
I read in an article that referenced:  stmichaelhospital.com that .1% to 1% of people who received the h1n1 shot had "tingling or numbness of hands or feet"...and should go away in 1-2 days.  If not, see your doctor.  At least if found a mention of this.  This is day 2 for me.
It is now day 17 after getting the shot, and this morning while laying in bed my right leg started to feel funny, it's not so much of a numb, really tingly feeling anymore, its just annoying and like a lot of little tingles. Also when I got up I started eating breakfast and noticed that my lips felt tingly as well. As hard as it is to stay calm I just kept eating and eventually it did seem to go away. For the past few hours though, I have been feeling this heavy feeling in my left arm and an aching in my shoulder.... I dont know what the heck this shot did to me or why, but Im so sick of not feeling normal!! Everybody keeps telling me that Im fine and that it'll go away, but when?? It seems as though all of the medical proffesionals that we've all seen just say well if it gets worse come back, so what am I supposed to wait until I cant use my arm anymore before you'll realize that something actually is wrong!!?? I am just so over this and wish someone would tell me what is wrong and how to fix it!! I am 25 weeks pregnant now, and wish I could just focus on my pregnancy and my baby rather than worrying about what this shot has done to me and potentially my baby! How is everyone feeling now and how many days has it been since you received the shot?
Hi.  I'm exactly one week after the shot and no changes.  Still tingling that jumps from one part of my body to the next.  Cramp in my calf last night.  My neurologist said it could take 3 weeks before things start to get better.  I understand the statement that I am sick of not feeling normal!  Of course I look fine, so everyone thinks I am fine.  I feel like I am cracking up.
It's day 4 for me and I'm still tingly, aching in my calve muscles, and that "funny" feeling....
but I also look well and am able to do everything, although i feel "off"....but on the bright side, i don't have real muscle weakness, so  I'll just keep praying it goes away.
i'll call my doctor tomorrow, but with a 2 month old and a two year old, it's vey hard to get there
my mom was here to help but she's going home in a few hours!
please keep in touch -- if anyone finds anything else out or if symptoms change...i can't imagine being pregnant through this -- the body has so much else to go through -- I think if your lips are tingly, that's something to see the doctor again about -- that's what they kept asking me in the ER
I hope it's gone in three weeks or sooner!
good luck today everyone...
Hi i'm 24 yrs old.. just had a baby 11 weeks ago tomorrow. I can't tell you how happy I am to see i'm not alone in this either. I keep having sharp needle tingling feelings throughout my body.. I had no clue this could be  a side affect. I pray to god it gets better and isn't anything more serious then a little tingling. I also have anxiety issues, but haven't had any problems in four years.. now after trying to protect my little one I go and get this shot that now I'm scared to death is gonna take me away from her.
it's been almost 2 weeks exactly since i got the swine flu shot.  same tingling, prickly/crawling sensations all over my body, plus weakness in my extremities... i thought i was just really sick with a stomach virus or response to antibiotics that I had been on when I took the shot, but my stomach problems went away and this creepy crawler feeling has just intensified over the course of the past week.  I don't have a neuro appointment until this coming Friday and I'm really scared.  If anyone manages to get the symptoms to subside, please write this forum, as I'm checking it constantly. Good luck everyone!
Good morning. Today it's a week from the shot. During the weekend I felt better, nothing on the hands, only a slight tingling on the right foot and some pain in the leg. But this morning is the reverse: the right hand is tingling and I've got pain in the back. Tonight I had the misfortune to fall asleep with both arms up beyond my head, so I woke up  suddenly in the middle of the night with both hands numb and crawly - that's normal, it woul happen to anyone, the fact is that it took some seconds more than average to come back to normality and my hands have remained "funny" since then. TO SURFNSAND:  I think you are the oldest case in this forum, so perhaps, after 17 days, I would go back to the doctor if I were you and get another neurologist visit, just to check that things are still ok (in spite of the symptoms). I regret not taking the sedative this morning.....
Yeah, Im going to call in just a minute to see if I can get back to the neurologist. My PCP referred me last time, so I got right in, so this time we'll see how long it takes to get an appt. Does anyone else feel like they get a muscle twitch or spasm occasionally. Ive been noticing that the past couple of days I'll get these random muscle spasms in a little part of my muscle that last only for a few seconds. It doesnt hurt or anything, its just kinda weird that I seem to notice getting them more often in the past few days.  
So, I got another appt. with the neurologist this Thursday (today is Monday). So in a few more days maybe I'll get some answers!  That day will mark the three week mark since I got the shot! Im praying that this is something that will just heal itself, or that there is something they can do to fix whatever is going on. I'll keep in touch and hopefully have some good news on the prognosis and treatment!
Very good! Let's really hope that 3 weeks is a sort of goal to reach to be well again...I am going on with the medicines my PCP originally gave me as anti-inflammation, I think they do me some good (perhaps it's just an illusion, just like with the tranquillizer, but I need that!!!) My muscles ache sometimes (like now), it's a sort of heaviness rather than pain, specially my arm - in the leg I had some spasms during the weekend, now over. In the meantime I discovered that another person in my home town has the same side effects as we have after the vaccine....ARE WE SO SURE THAT THEY ARE SO RARE AS THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE?!? Let's hope for the best, bye.
I wish my PCP or the neurologist would have at least gave me something. All the Dr's Ive seen have just merely checked my reflexes and strength and poked me with a safety pin all over to see if I could feel it, and yes I did feel everyone of them! I'm not even sure if I could take an anti inflammatory while pregnant, but no one has even mentioned it as a possible relief for my symptoms. Francy66, thats how my left arm feels too, just like a heavy weird feeling... the only way I can explain it is like youve been holding something heavy for awhile and then when you put it down it feels kinda weak or heavy. I keep trying to use it(because Im right handed) to make sure that it will still work , and it always does, but Im just scared that one time it wont!! I cant wait to go to the neurologist on Thursday to see what they have to say, Its kinda sad because I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see our little man, but I think im more anxious to go to the neurologist, Thats kinda sad huh?
Hello....
I was vaccinated on friday morning, 5 hours later I started tingling all over the body, first it started in my right leg (I was vaccinated in the left arm), then it started in the right arm. Now its still there. I have been to a neurologist, and she says not to worry. But it is driving me absolutely crazy...Today I spoke to some one who experienced similiar side effects after a tetanus vaccine. For three to four weeks she had these sypmtoms.....
how are you feeling?
I went to urgent care today.  Was prescribed a muscle relaxant and that is helping me.  At least my legs aren't tingling ALL of the time.  
After 3 to four weeks, your friend's symptoms went away completely? Just curious.
At last! Some news from someone who has already experienced this thing before! I can wait a month, also two months, but then I want it to stop for ever!! This morning is better for me. Hands and feet are almost normal, I just have this particular backache (right shoulder) that's going on and off from the beginning of the story. Have a good day everyone (here is 8 in the morning).
I am soooo happy for you.  As you can see, I can not sleep tonight because of this feeling.  I am looking forward to when this resolves for me.
I'm very sorry to read that you can't sleep. The only positive thing in this story for me is that I have always managed to sleep - I wake up several times every night to check my hands (!!), but then I fall back again. Have you considered taking some pills or drops of tranquillizer? I do sometimes, otherwise I would go crazy.
I received a seasonal vaccine 4 weeks ago. Within one day, I experienced tingling, burning, and "buzzing" in my hands and feet, and even in my trunk. It has come and gone since then. I saw my PCP today, and he is sending me to a neurologist to determine if I have a mild case of Guillain-Barre Syndrome. He says the symptoms don't present like MS (I hope he's right!).
Well, I am on day 19 of this **** and am not having the best day... I dont know if its my anxiety making it worse or just the fact that I am so over this! I have had a "funny" heavy feeling in my left arm for the past two days, and last night I barely slept because I kept feeling aching and some tingling in my left leg and arm as well as twitching/spasms in my muscles that come up everywhere. I was having them in my chest above my breast and also down through my shoulder blade, and I also was having some achy pain feelings on the left side of my chest...I think this put me in a panic because I felt like it was going to spread to my chest and affect my breathing, which it hasnt but Im such a hypocondriac that I feel like Im just waiting for it to happen. (Im hoping that the aching pain in my chest was just from my anxiety). Also, I felt like the left side of my face and lips were almost numb! This scared me too!! I managed to get a couple more hours of sleep and today I felt better for the most part until just a few hours ago. I was cooking dinner and putting away dishes and noticed that when I lifted a stack of plates my right arm(which has always felt pretty normal) felt like my muscle in my upper arm was sore. I started to get tingling in my left leg again, and have been feeling achy and cramping in my calf and my ankle, knee, thigh and hip. Also my left arm has been feeling burny in my muscles. I dont know if with nerve damage(if that is what we have) that means things are getting worse or better, going from tingling to a burning achy feeling I mean. I hope Im not discouraging anyone, but I just needed to vent. I keep telling my husband how I feel, but he just says that it'll go away, well that doesnt really make me feel better and I think to myself how the heck do you know it will just go away!? Im so frustrated with this and just wish I could turn back time and change my decision about getting the shot!! Has anyone else been feeling these burny, crampy feeling or spasm things in your muscles?
I am glad that I found this site because I have also been FREAKING OUT that the last ten days after my swine flu shot I have had tingling/burning/crawling sensations in my legs and upper body. It moves and is intermittent.
Yesterday, I had a full day with no sensations. I have no weakness at all, I went on a hike today and did yoga yesterday but this tingling sensation kept me up ALL night and now it is hard to focus or concentrate.
I just called the neuro. I should add, I am also 23 weeks pregnant.
He told me not to worry, that GBS wouldn't develop within hours of the shot, maybe within ten days but he doesn't think that is what it is.
I just also gotblood work done at my GP and OB. Both don't know what to make of it and don't think it is serious but it is worrying me to death.
Please let me know what you guys discover.
Today I feel like yesterday, that is to say better in comparison with last week. I have the usual pain behind my shoulder, but no numbness, no tingling, just a very, very faint strange sensation in the usual right hand and foot.  I am convinced that the cure my doctor gave me is responsible for this. I'll write here the name of the chemical principle of the medicines I take, if anyone of you wants to make a try with their own PCP: Vitamin B12 (in vials to drink) and L-acetylcarnitine (injections). For all who fear the Guillian-Barre Syndrome: another doctor told me that the syndrome doesn't come up immediately, but after a period of "normality", during which one feels fine. And then, when it comes, it's very rapid in reducing you to a worm....What I want to say is that our situation seems completely different from the development pattern of the GBS. Let's try to stay calm all of us! Anxiety makes things worse for sure.
Hi, I have had similiar symptoms as all of  you however I am freaking out, I had that period of "normality" it was only on day 6 the tingling and weakness started. Did everyone else have the symptoms immediatley?
Sabrina, please, I didn't want to alarm you so!! When that doctor talked to me about the GBS he meant a period of months! The best thing you can do is to book a neurological visit as soon as you can, so they will make you special exams about the conditions of your nerves. Don't waste time with E.R., search for a neurologist and don't worry. Take a pill to calm down if necessary, anxiety REALLY makes you feel worse, believe me (I know for direct experience).
hi there
Francy--it would be great to hear what medication the doc gave you?
Since I am pregnant I don't know what I am allowed to take.
I have TWO neurologists appt this week--that's how obsessed I am...My sxs started within 3-4 hours of the shot but have really changed in how they manifest. They have been intermittent but the last two days (tues and wed) pretty constant. Today is a bit better than yesterday... I had acupuncture this morning with a woman who is an MD neurologist who thought I was fine. I go to the neuro tmrw and friday and will report back what they say. My initialy blood work at the OB was also normal. Francy--how long have you had this now?? For me it is day 11 since my vaccine. The longer I go with no progression of symtoms the better bcs i have heard it comes on fast. I imagine once u get the tingling/prickly the rest of the bad stuff comes on quickly with GBS but thats just my guess... and my hope.
praying for everyone
pls keep us posted.
I am from Ontario and have been having arm and shoulder pain to the point I dont want to move my arm...I get a tingling feeling on my back neck and some very weird sensation on my lower jaw...

Going to doctors tomorow..:(  
I was at appts all day. Saw my md who does not think it is GBS. My strength and reflexes are normal.  i still get some sensations in my left arm and legs.  I also had a CT of my spine; waiting for results.I am now fighting a cold or something. I spoke with another md and he told me to not worry and drink lots of water and no alcohol. I hope this goes away soon. Has anyone's symptoms gone away yet (people  who posted earlier)?
I have an appt. with the neurologist tomorrow morning, so I will be sure to give you guys an update. Tomorrow will be three weeks since I got the shot, and these symptoms started. Today hasnt been too bad, my arms and legs feel relatively normal, my left arm muscles still feel kind of a tired feeling, but havent had any tingling in my arms or legs. Although, I did have a new weird thing happen today, Ive been having some occasional tingling in my lips, but today it felt like my throat was kind of numb/tingly as well... which this really scared me!! It lasted for maybe an hour or so, I could swallow and breathe fine, so I tried not to freak out, and it eventually went away. I do feel like it is back right now, but am again trying to stay calm. When it happened earlier I called the neurologist and he just said if I was having a hard time swallowing or breathing to go to the ER, beings that I have an appt. with him in the morning, Im trying to avoid going to the ER where there are really sick people and being pregnant, I dont need to be sick and have this stuff too!! Has anyone else experienced any tingling in there faces or lips or anything?
Hi! I have already written the names of the drugs I take in my previous post. If you want I also write the brand names, but I don't know whether these medicines are commercialized in the same way in the U.S. as here: NICETILE are the injections of L-acetylcarnitine , and DOBETIN5000 arethe vials of Vitamin B12. I feel good today, just like yesterday. Tonight it happened a couple of times to wake up with both hands numb and tingling, but it was in the "normal" way, that is when you put you hand badly and it goes "to sleep": in a few seconds both hands were again ok. This is my day n° 11.
@surfnsand: in the first days I had strange sensations in different parts of the head and face, but then they have stopped (never on the lips, though). We're all looking forward to your visit of tomorrow! Good luck and let us know!
So, I had my neurologists appt. this morning and he didnt really do much except check my reflexes including my gag reflex (which I didnt enjoy very much) because my throat and lips have been feeling tingling, but every reflex was still there. He also pricked me all over with a safety pin again and put this vibration thing on me to see if I could feel it and I did, so he sent me over to his other office to get bloodwork done, and I should hear back from him on the results probably tomorrow. He ordered alot of tests on the blood to determine if there has been any kind of autoimmune reaction and also if there has been any effect on my muscles, along with my electrolyte levels and alot of other things that I dont know what they test for. He did say that he didnt want to subject me to a nerve test because that wouldnt really mean anything definitive as per a diagnosis. He just said that he again didnt feel like this was going to develop into anything that could be debilitating like GBS, because the tingling keeps coming and going and with nerve damage you dont get that, once a nerve is damaged, the effects from that do not just go away and come back. So, again I didnt get an answer as to what is going on with me, but maybe the bloodwork results will reveal something. The only positive thing is that he said he doesnt think this is going to last much longer. I guess I have to be thankful that there has been no more tingling in my legs at all, and not really in my arms either, just still have the tingling lips and now this crazy feeling in my throat that just started yesterday.  I am thankful to God that my baby is okay and that Im am still able to function normally and breathe and eat and walk, so I guess thats what Im going to have to focus on until this stuff, whatever it is goes away. I'll be sure to post any news I get once the bloodwork comes back.
As mentioned earlier, I received my flu shot a little over 4 weeks ago, and have experienced on again/off again tingling, burning, and numbness. Two days ago I got a new symptom: tightening of the calf and forearm muscles. I decided to try taking a lot of vitamin B12, namely a CVS pharmacy brand that contains an incredible 33,000% of the RDA. Since taking it, I've had almost no symptoms -- just a couple of very fleeting tingles and a little muscle tightening. I'll keep you posted on how things go, but perhaps it's worth a try.
Hi Francy,
i have just been to hospital for three days. they checked the liquor of my spine, did an mrt of my brain und checked the nerves by doing an electrical test called emp....all the results were alright. The doctor is quiet certain that my nerves have reacted allergical to the vaccine. This sometimes happens with vaccines. He is quite certain that my symptoms will dissapear in a few weeks.
I have also spoken to a friend and she had similiar symptoms and lots of other peolpe too. Their symptoms all disspeared. I am quite certain that our syptoms will clearaway....
How are you feeling?
How long has it been since you got the shot? And if you dont mind me asking, what was the reason to admit you to the hospital for three days? Im glad that all of the tests they did showed normal results, thats very reassuring for all of us I think. Did they give you any medicines to ease the symptoms? Keep us informed on how your feeling and take care.

Ashley
hi, thy have given me cortison....i don't know if that will help....i hope so...are your syptoms getting any better??
Just got back from the neurologist
He checked reflexes and also did a nerve conduction test.
all was normal
he specializes in neuromuscular issues and said pretty surely i don't have GBS
tingling has lessened but i still have a bit today
i am 24 weeks pregnant so i tool benadryl last night--my tingles went away but this morning i am really out of it
im stil worried though bcs my hand doesnt feel right
i got to ANOTHER neuro tomorrow and will ask him to draw blood as this doctor did not
i will test for autoimmune and b12
my initial blood work from my ob was normal too--they say i am alittle anemic
just trying to stay positive
Yes the tingling in my legs and arms have, pretty much gone away, but I still have tingling in my lips, mostly just my bottom lip and starting yesterday I keep getting a weird numb feeling deep in my throat. It doesnt last too long but it is very bothersome. I am pregnant so my doctors havent given me any medicine to help my symptoms, i was just hoping that what they gave you would be safe for me to take. I went for bloodwork today, so Im hoping that everything will be okay, and this other tingling will subside too.
My neuro wouldnt do a nerve test on me, but did take my blood, I should get the results tomorrow hopefully. But I just wanted to add that when I went to the ER the first day all of this happened, they also told me I was a bit anemic and that my potassium was a little low. Maybe its just a pregnancy thing, Im farely petite 5'2" and 133 pounds at 25 weeks and 5 days, so they said it was normal for me to be a little anemic.
@surfnsand: I'm very happy to read that your visit was ok, it's a relief (for you, but, in a sense, also fort the whole of us!) Interesting this thing of the bloodwork to check the autoimmune reaction, I'll ask my doctor. Yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden, I had again pain in the arm, it lasted an hour or so, then it passed to the leg, it twingled a bit, and in the evening it was all again over. This morning I feel "strange" by the shoulder and the right foot...I had another breakdown earlier at home, I cried and I had to take some drops. Who will ever refund us for all this stress ?
@sabrina153: so we have to wait some weeks.....ok, let's sit down and wait then! The fact that we all meet many people with the same symptoms tells me that the firm producing these vaccines is a bit of a liar: they say this happens one case every 10.000, but I don't think that's true, in my province they have made 1.300 shots up to now and there are already two cases.....not so rare ! Good day to everyone.
I hope you feel better
It is really discouraging when you start to feel well and  then get symptoms back...
same thing happen to me today.
I was tingle free but had a panic attack at work and had to cancel my clients. Terrible. So, I know I am under a lot of stress and anxiety--I felt this wave come over me and then I felt I couldn't breathe. Of course, I thought it was GBS, but it wasn't...just anxiety.
Still no tingles until later this eve when i went to a music show and they came back pretty much full force--it isn't even tingling anymore it's more like pin pricks all over my legs and right around my spine, it's so prickly it makes me want to itch.

I also wonder if this is a pregnancy thing--and if it is connected to anemia. That's great to the person who had improvement on B12. I might try that--just have to check and see if it is ok in pregnancy in big doses
I will probably take another benadryl (antihistamine) tomorrow or Sat when I don't have to perform the next day. As a pregnant woman, that is the ONLY thing I can take--otherwise, believe me I would be my hands on a valium.
This is so dishearteneing. It was such a tough decision for me to get the flu shot ,and now i have regrets either way....
thanks for sharing and I will post again when i have more news
so it is the middle of the night and i can't sleep and am a nervous wreck from the full body burning/tingling sensation prickly feeling
it is unbearable and i am scared.
12 days now post shot almost 13
it comes and goes
how can this be anxiety as doc says when it happens in my sleep?
Back from the second neurologist who also says I don't have GBS
all reflexes are in tact and he believes once it starts it is a rapid disease and reflexes are harmed and that can be seen on an exam
he took blood for b12, autoimmune inflammation and thryroid
i will have results next week
pls keep me posted on how everyone is
Hi ladies.  Sorry I haven't posted an update.  I was trying not to be over anxious about this as the doctors keep telling me stress is the worst thing for this! I found myself surfing the web non-stop and it was making me crazier.  I have been to 2 neurologists and both say the same as you have all heard-  we will get better!  I am feeling a little more like myself.  Still have off and on symptoms, but they aren't constant and that is somewhat of a relief.  Believe me I have experienced all of the above that you have all talked about:  tingling hands and feet, twinges in my legs and arms, sore thigh muscles and knees, back pain, cramps in my feet calves and arms, a pain so bad in my left armpit that I thought I was having a heart attack, a racing feeling in my chest, tingling under my eye, the odd numb back of the throat feeling.  And I am still standing!!!   Overall I feel like I am getting better. At least there are many minutes in the day that it isn't consuming me.  That has to be a step in the right direction.  
I saw the neurologist yesterday and he did a surface emg.   He thinks it's the brain/spine reacting to the vaccine and it should get better soon.  He does not think it is GBS  but advises that I don't get the shot again.
Hi-
What makes the doc think it is not GBS? How long are you post vaccine?
it is interesting that all of us are on here, all docs say it's not GBS but can't tell you what it is...
How long did he say it would take to get better?
i feel really anxious again even though my neuro told me this morning I DONT HAVE GBS
my burning/prickly feeling is in the back of my legs--all the way up and down to the point it BURNS all day...today was a bad day
yesterday i had almost no sxs at all..
i  know stress makes it worse and at the end of the day i lose it
i am also pregnant so i can't take anything for it
Hallo, good morning from Italy to all the twingling tribe! No doubt I will NEVER get ANY vaccine shot again.....I' m so sorry to read that some of you can't sleep at night: sleep is the only thing that this "I-don't-know-what-to-call-it" hasn't taken away from me. Nonetheless, in the morning when I wake up I realize that I need to stand up and not prolong the lying down in bed, because the right foot starts tingling a bit. In the middle of all this, yesterday I have also found out that the L-acetylcarnitine injections I take should be kept in the fridge....after I have already used two boxes...that's crazy!!! I need to go to Lourdes!!! Luckily it's more an integrator tha a proper drug. I'm so fed up, girls....Has anyone of you  who has felt tingling and pain in an arm also noticed any small hematoma, like a broken capillary? I saw one in my upper right arm yesterday evening, but I suffer from weak capillaries, it sometimes happens to me and perhaps there's no link to this nerve thing. Good day to everyone.
the md stated that gbs in a bilateral ascending paralysis.  we are getting sensations on one side of the body and it comes and goes.  gbs affects the reflexes and strength too.  
I will have a follow up mri this week.
I am 7 days post vaccination.  he said give it 1-2 more weeks.  i started the b12 last night.  see how it goes.    
please keep us posted...you mentioned that you arent  tingling in your arms and legs.  how are  you feeling now?  i am hoping that we will hear a success story soon.
My tingling and burning is on both sides
but no reflexes and strength is affected
i had the worst night last night-get itchy/prickly at night and today a little better but always watching for that unbearable sensation
i am not even sooo worries about GBS anymore, but just want to make sure me and my baby are ok )24 weeks pregnant.
pls post updates
glad everyone is ok
So, i heard back from the nurse yesterday and she said my bloodwork came back fine, the only thing was that my ANA (the test that checks for an autoimmune problem) hasnt come back yet, and strangely enough my potassium was a little high, and if you remember when I went to the ER the first day I had these symptoms, my potassium was a little low, and I havent even been taking any kind of supplements except for my prenatal vitamins, so Im not sure what the deal is with that, but the nurse said that it would not be causing any of my symptoms. Yesterday, I had a good day except for last night. I dont think this is related to my other stuff, but my back has really been bothering me for the past week, I did alot of cleaning and some minimal lifting last week and ever since then my back has really been killing me, like I said I think this doesnt have anything to do with the shot, but more from the pregnancy. But anyway, last night I went to bed around 10pm, because my back was hurting so bad(had a date night with my hubby and wore heels when my back was already hurting and 26 weeks pregnant, not the best idea Ive ever had!). Well, I finally fell asleep and was awakened by my heart pounding out of my chest and beating really fast, and my left arm tingling, but it didnt last for very long and I might have been laying on it but it never went numb/asleep it was just tingling. Now the heartbeat thing may be from anxiety but my heartrate has still been pretty high even today and Im so tired from my lack of sleep Im just laying around and can still feel my heart beating throughout my whole body. I called my OB, because I checked my blood pressure and my blood pressure was like 96 over 61, but my pulse was 110!! She didnt seem too concerned about it, she just said to make sure Im hydrated and to try and stay calm, because she knows Im a worrier. Another thing that happened this morning and this is pretty embarrassing, but here it goes... mind you I am 26 weeks pregnant but have never had this problem before this morning. I was laying in bed and felt a little wetness "down there" It felt like sort of pulsating feeling so I ran to the bathroom and my undies were wet, I thought my water was breaking, but then realized that I had just peed a little!! I didnt even feel like I had to go, well this has happened to me like three times already today, just a little bit and even one time right when I stood up after going pee. Well,  all I can think about was when my Neurologist was asking me all of the questions about my symptoms and he asked me if I had any problems holding my urine or feeling like I couldnt empty my bladder all the way, well I said no but now Im freaking out that this is another symptom from this shot and not just from being pregnant. Im hoping that this is just from the way the baby is positioned and is kicking, which feels really low, but Im scared! I was bad and did a little research on peripheral neuropathy and it says that when your autonomic nerves are damaged you can experience these symptoms...
The symptoms of autonomic neuropathy depend upon what organs are affected and may include abdominal swelling, heat intolerance, nausea, vomiting
, impotence, diarrhea, constipation, dizziness with standing, difficulty urinating and

urinary incontinence. Other symptoms include:
include:

•A drop in blood pressure on standing (orthostatic hypotension), which can cause dizziness and fainting
•Trouble with urination, including diminished sensation, overflow incontinence and inability to empty your bladder completely, which can lead to urinary tract infections
•Male impotence
•Vaginal dryness and difficulties with arousal and orgasm in women
•Difficulty digesting food (gastroparesis), which can cause diarrhea, constipation, abdominal bloating, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, feeling full after eating little and loss of appetite
•Cardiovascular problems, such as heart rate abnormalities
•Heat intolerance, especially during exercise, and abnormal — usually decreased — sweating
•Sluggish pupil reaction to light and dark
•Exercise intolerance, which causes your heart rate to remain unchanged instead of increasing and decreasing in response to your activity level
•Lack of the usual warning signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), which include shakiness, sweating and palpitations

The only symptoms I really have are the while urintion thing and the heart rate abnormality, but Im such a hypocondriac, Im convinced I have this type of nerve damage!!

For the ladies with kids, did you have problems with this kind of leaking urine this early? I mean Ive heard of that happening when you sneeze or cough or laughm but I was just laying there, and the baby was kicking low but could he of made me pee a little by just a kick? Please help!
DEAR GOD! I have had weakness or heaviness in my biceps of both arms and above both knees! I am a student nurse and had to get a chicken pox vaccine and then I started experiencing these symptoms. I ignored it and about a month later got the regular flu shot and a week later the symptoms came back! It went away for three weeks and in that time I was innoculated for H1N1,  exactly five days later....BAM! It was back, it keeps coming back right before my period for whatever reason. Doctor said she would send me to the neuro.if it kept up after a bought of amoxicillan and prednisone, here I am and with really bad sneaky panick attacks!!!!!!! I have had it, I feel so guilty for getting the vaccines for nursing school, I've thought about quitting because I'm worried about what's wrong with my muscles and the fact that I have three children to raise!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF! I am so scared.
hi everyone, im 21 years old and I got the H1N1 shot yesterday morning. Ive been on the fence about this shot for a few weeks but finally decided that I did not want to be a carrier and just to go for it.

About 5-10 minutes after the shot I fainted, but they let me go half an hour later when my blood pressure was back to normal. immediately i started to worry i was having severe allergic reactions or signs of GBS. About 2 hours later at work I started to get tingling sensations in my right leg (I got the shot in my left arm), and I started to worry. It is now about 30 hours post shot and i just came home from work because i had a panick attack that i was getting GBS. My right arm started to tingle a while ago, and i have what seems like a big lump in my throat (ive been crying so maybe its from crying). Currently my legs are tingling and i am a giant stressball.

I am so happy I found this forum and i am not alone. I dont know if i should go to the ER right away but i am terrified I will develop GBS. its causing me great anxiety. I am going to book an appt with my neurologist on monday but i cant stand this stress. people keep telling me to stop worrying but its so hard not to worry. i will keep everyone posted. i hope this goes away and i can be normal again. I feel like Ive been worrying straight for a month, first I worried about catching the h1N1 virus, then I worried about side effects from the h1n1 shot, and now that ive got the shot Im worried about GBS.

Maja213
Try to relax--I was exactly like you...freaking out about the flu shot, then freaking out that I got the flu shot. I had tingling3-4 hours after the shot in my legs--both of them. It's been two weeks--two neurologists, two GP's later, a lot of blood work and I still have tingling and crawling/prickly feeling all over my body--especially legs (to the point it feels itchy) but no weakness and no sign of GBS...docs says I am FINE and it is STRESS.
It is hard to believe stress can cause these sensatins but it can...
I am taking all of next week off of work to relax my nervous system. Acupuncture today helped a lot. today my day was much better than yesterday.
the acupuncturist suggested eating very 'clean'---lots of squash, yams, plain chicken. turkey and nothing spicy/sour or 'red' like tomatoes because of inflammation.

I think we are probably all very anxious! How could we not be with the media hyping everything up.

To surfsand246--the peeing thing during opregnancy is NORMAL. Not the flu shot!!
I am 24 weeks now and a couple of weeks back I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself peeing myself, only like you, I too thought my water broke!!! I freaked out, called the doc and waited. When I went to an ulrasound shortly after, she said my amniotic fluid was fine and it was just urine. Now when the baby sits in a certain position I also feel like peeing! Don't worry about it.
IT's good your tingling went mostly away. How long did you have it for?
it has been 14 days post shot for me...yesterday was a BAD night, today a bit better so i am encouraged....
i just posted one hour ago, and the tingling is of course still there. I need advice from everyone with similiar sensations ... should i go to the ER?? or should i wait and see a neurologist? i am so scared this will progress into GBS.

if only i knew this would happen i would never have gotten the shot.
i hope everyone with this weird tingling sensation starts feeling better soon. it causes so much anxiety due to the hype from media and youtube videos, stress is so time consuming, not to mention my friends and family think im overreacting. i just want feel good again.
So glad I found this site and know I'm not alone!  I was diagnosed at a walk in urgent care clinic in Sep with Lymes and Mono, was just feeling like I was recovering from them when I got the H1N1 vaccine. I am a NICU nurse, and was counseled by many to get it to protect the babies I take care of, and that because of my Lymes and Mono, I was high risk, so I should definitely get it. 4 days after I got it I started with a sore throat that turned into flu like symptoms of achyness and chills and post nasal drip, and the sore throat lasted 4 days. 3 days into it all I started having tingling in my lower legs with a cramp in my right that would not go away. The tingling continued up my right side, affecting my right arm and right side of my face. My Primary Doc calmed me down and said it wasn't GB, and that a true allergic reaction would have happened much sooner after the shot. He said it was some "mild immune response" either to the virus I had, or the flu shot, or from both working together putting my immune system into overdrive. Thankfully the tingling only lasted 3-4 days for me. My calf does still cramp up some at times though. It's been 2 weeks since the tingling started, and I'm just starting to feel more back to normal, though still have alot of stiffness and soreness in my neck, and fatigue. As a nurse and mother of two small boys, I've always been so pro vaccine...but now I'm starting to have second thoughts! Esp about these flu shots! I have since seen an infectious disease Dr who now says I did not have Lymes or Mono, but some other "Mono-like" virus. I wish I had known, I probably would not have gotten the shot if I didn't think of myself as so high risk!   Thoughts and prayers to all of you who's symptoms have been worse then mine!
Hallo maja, read carefully all our previous posts and you will see that we have all had your same symptoms without developing GBS! Don't worry, it'not that! We all know very, very well what kind of anxiety and agony this situation gives, so we understand you perfectly! Isleeping is right, terror makes you feel worse, take a tranquillizer and then an appointment with a neurologist, he will examine you and definitely wipe away your fears. Tomorrow it's 3 weeks for me from the shot and I feel much better. Only a bit of tingling in the usual foot when I wake up in the morning. Hands are ok. The pain in the shoulder is almost vanished. So come on, we're gonna make it to be normal again!
Thank you for your reassurance. I take any reassurance and hold onto it. My mind automatically thinks, well what if im a "special" case and this tingling develops into something else. I know worrying does not help, i need to be proactive and think positive. Our mind often goes into stress overdrive and immediately I thought about everything i could lose, and about all my loved ones. You really appreciate everyone more. I had a good talk today with a friend of mine who went through a stroke. He started tearing up and I started crying, and he told me that when he was in the hospital experiencing all these problems he put his mind somewhere else. .. he pretended he was on a beach, and now hes out and about and has a great attitude about life- very inspiring person. I know we are not in such a dire situation as he was but its true, its all about attitude and not freaking out.

Today ive been occupied at work so I feel better but it comes and goes, if I get the tingling again I will head to the doctor, hopefully to give me some peace of mind. and tomorrow calling a neurologist to make an appt. also I am taking this a lesson, I am never getting a vaccine again.

Thank you, keep me updated please, i like hearing from you guys :)
Would you believe it? After days I was so ok, this morning my hand tingles....my LEFT hand....I've always had the tingling in the right side of the body! It'a all nonsense, I'm ready for psychiatry, not neurology!! Yesterday evening I had another broken capillary at a finger of that hand, and today it tingles...I haven't got a clue, I can't stand all this anymore. I woud like to stay in bed all day and sleep.
Hi everyone,
I've been reading the posts here and am feeling the same way as you all are.  I had the shot on Nov. 13 and within 5 minutes, had the nausea, dizziness, almost blacked out and then the tingling arms and legs.  I felt really sick for about three days.  Last week I had good days and bad days.  The tingling comes and goes but the anxiety seems to stay with me most of the time.  When I told my doctor, she brushed me off and said there was nothing I could do, even if it was GBS (not helpful at all).  She gave me Ativan, which I haven't taken.  I've reported the symptoms to the local Health Unit and have not received a call back.  Over the weekend I found that my one eye has become very irritated (red, watering) and I've had a headache mostly on one that side of my head.  It feels like seasonal allergies, but I am so afraid to take any type of medication in case in interacts with what's already in my system.  Is it just me, or does it sound like it's mostly women who are experiencing these symptoms?  Take care everyone!!
I am so glad I foudn this site. I took the shot on Saturday and that night i started having tingling and numb feeling on my right side of the body ... took the shot on left arm though.... Called my Dr on Sunday and he asked me to wait and see... I am planning to take an appointment with neurologist to make sure everything is ok...
Well, yes, strange as it seems, we're all women here, and also the other two cases I managed to find here in Italy are women too...really weird. Your doctor is a big *******, to mention to you the GBS in that "delicate" way...In the first days I also had a sort of headache on one side of my head, but I think it was just the same nerve thing expanding around ( I don't know how else to explain myself!)
This evening the tingling is gone, but, since I don't want to miss anything, here I am with a new experience: burning little pains all over the limbs, in particular my hands and wrists, that ache as if I had artrosis or similar: any comment? During the weekends I feel good, on Mondays it's always a stress....once again, I think that anxiety has a role in all this. I also work a lot with the computer, doing always the same movements with my fingers on the keyboard and mouse: that certainly doesn't help me, I feel my arm muscles strained ( this already happened before the flu shot, now it's simply worse).
so i just got back from my GP, and she tested my strength, my reflexes, etc.and everything was normal. she sent me home for right now and shes trying to get in contact with a neurologist, ive taken today off work so hopefully i can go see the neurologist for answers. The tingling is still there, it comes and goes, and im extremely exhausted ... i had diarahee and stomach pains this morning too. im still nervous because i just do not feel right. my GP said that GBS usually comes after a period of "normality" (this was mentioned in a post above as well), and she said it comes on very quickly, yet i still worry. she is trying to find answers for me. i will update once i have spoken to a neurologist. This ***** big time.
I go to the neurologist for follow-up visit today.  Overall, I am feeling better.  Still odd tingling that comes and goes, but nothing like it was the first week to week and a half. This weekend the area around my heart felt heavy (another odd new sensation).  It has been 16 days since I received the shot.  Yes, Francy66 I too have have experienced your new symptom.  I just last night told my husband that I felt like I had arthritis in my wrists and knees.  I read somewhere (god I need to stop reading this stuff) that when the nerves heal you can experience different types of pain.  Some times the recovery pain feels worse to people.  So let's just say our bodies are recovering!  Maja213- I felt usually "off" for about 8-9 days, then things started to calm down.  I too thought it was interesting that we are all women who have responded.  Do men just not search the web for this stuff? Or have they just not experienced anything like we have?  Great, next they will be blaming this on female hormones or something like that. :)  
It's a relief to read your post Zorf! Yes, we should stop browsing things in Internet, it's a source of anxiety, but sometimes it can help, like in this case: let's really hope that the piains are a sign of recovering! A colleague of mine has just told the same thing, just out of "intuition". I agree with your last statement: they already think we are hypocondriac and that we invent (somatize) illnesses, they could as well say it's all to blame on the hormones....my husband gets angry when he sees me taking the tranquillizer drops, he doesn't really understand how i feel sometimes. A virtual hug to you all, bye!
Hi everyone, I still have the odd tingling too, 13 days after the shot. In my legs and in my arms. Have been to the GP last friday and she reassured me that the tingking will go away. Tomorrow I will see my neurologist again.I have heard of a doctor today, she too suffers from tingligness in the hands....so we are not the only ones...and  even doctors have it. But she is not too worried about it. I do blame myself very much for having the vaccine, but it is not our fault, and I have coome to the conclusion that we must not blame otherselves.....this will take it time....more than 3 weeks, but i think and hope we will get better...Take care, bye
I went to a follow-up appointment with the neurologist.  I am so glad I got rid of the first neurologist.  That guy was so dismissive about everything I mentioned.  The new woman I am going to is very thorough.  She did a nerve test today (that was fun-not). She said after two weeks of symptoms, GBS  would absolutely result in nerve damage and my nerves were fine. Even if it was a mild case, no damage occurred which is good.  Only other thing she would suggest is an MRI just to rule out that it wasn't a shear coincidence that my symptoms started the day of the shot and it really is something else causing the problem.  I know that is not the case, but better to be safe then sorry I guess.  She only suggests Advil to alleviate the symptoms.  The first neurologist wanted to put me on Lyrica, but she said don't bother.  
i went to my GP again today, and she did the strength test which was ok, but my reflex test today was not as good as yesterday (could be cuz i had sex yesterday and this morning ? - legs are weaker due to positions? hehe ). However!! that has got me worried all over again. So she was able to get my an appt 2mrw with a neurologist (its insane how tough it is to make an appt with one - i called one and they didnt have availability till APRIL!!!!, and my GP said i could go to ER and their is one on call there but Im trying to avoid the ER). ANYWAYS so today i broke down again. the tingles still come and go and its getting kind of itchy, i also feel exhausted still - i dont do anything but go to work - im too tired to workout,  and im skipping my classes. I also feel a little nausea and zero appeitite - anyone else feel this? i feel so bad because i keep bringing it up to my bf and mom and i feel like im wearing them down but i just dont feel like myself! I need to be positive and hope for the best :)
Day n°17: I feel a wreck. I want to be well again, I'm fed up. As I said previously, I had some very good days, when I felt almost normal, then the itchy, burning pains in the junctures came and I dont' know what to do. Sometimes I seem to ache all over. And the tingling is not totally disappeared, it comes and goes in one limb or another (today the right foot). I fear I'm getting dependent on drops, because if I don't take them I break down and cry and feel desperate. Tomorrow my neurologist will be back and perhaps I 'll have another visit or at least talk to him. I do blame myself for having been so stupid and I do blame all the governements in the world because they make us believe this vaccine is SOOO necessary....it's not true.
so glad i found you!!! just got the shot last night in my left arm.  woke up this morning with a tingling pinky finger in left hand.  it's now in 2 fingers and all along the side of my hand.  although i am prone to panic (yes... i've been known to be just "a little" anxious in life as well...), i am going to take all your advise, breathe deeply and try not to worry about it!!
Cher1995- sorry to say welcome to our little club.  Yes, don't panic.  The symptoms may even get worse and they seem to take anywhere from several days to several weeks before they start to subside.
Actually, I'm a male and I had symptoms just like many of those here -- tingling, burning hands and feet and sometimes trunk. I started megadoses of B12 one week ago. Been fine since.
"Glad" to see a male in our little club...at least it's not hormones! Today I feel rather fine, I wake up un the morning with the right foot always a little tingling, but it's not so bad. Of all the previous pains I still have one on the left hip, as if I were an old lady with arthrosis! Difficult to establish whether all the things we feel are really related to the post-vaccine reaction: tonight, for example, I woke up suddenly with an unbearable itching in one hand, I started thinking terrible things, but then it came out it was just a couple of mosquito stings! I'd like to hear from surfndsand, she's the "oldest" of the forum, perhaps she has completely recovered by now.
Glad to hear we're all hanging in there.  I am just curious donkeysmile, who advised you about the megadoses of B12.  I was wondering how much you are taking in a day.  
I am feeling pretty much the same as you Francy with the hip pain going into my buttocks and some tingling mostly in the right foot. I have been sleeping a bit better this week and actually slept for about 7 hours straight last night which is awesome compared to last week.  My head is starting to feel a little less cloudy as well, which is progress!  Hopefully we hear some full recovery stories soon.
Did anyone test there red blood count???

Everyone I have been having the same symptoms as all of you for seven days now. I would like to know what your results are for red & white bloods cell count and more importantly the C-reactive protein level (mg/L).

Im sorry that I havent been on here in awhile, but I am currently in the hospital on complete bedrest because my water broke a couple of days ago, and Im only 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant!! I can happily say that I have not had any tingling, but just dont know if Im not worried about it, because of everything else that is going on. No honestly I can say that I am not tingling anymore. My main focus right now is my baby and keeping myself pregnant for as long a possible. The Dr.'s have no idea what caused my water to break/leak, but I dont know that I can blame this on the shot. Anyway, please pray for me and my baby.
My dear, I'm so sorry to read your words! I will certainly pray for you, please, don't give up, everything's gonna be all right. Perhaps the shot reaction is not responsible for the leaking, but what about all the fear, worry, anxiety, etc....you have had in the past weeks? It's horrible just to think of it.
@lindac790: tonight I slept little and bad for different reasons (problems at work, etc....), and so  I was able to feel my right foot hour after hour tingling and literally on fire!!!! That foot was so hot! Really funny.
@dom77: why do you consider these exams so important? could you explain? I had a blood test a few days before the shot and everythin was ok, the red cells are not many, but that's normal for me (always been a little anemic). I didn't do  the C-reactive protein level. Again, could you tell us what that means?
Hi.  My blood counts were fine.  I did not have the C-reactive protein level tested, but I would have to say in all of our cases that it could definitely be elevated. This occurs when our bodies mistakenly attack good cells (in our case nerves) instead of attacking the bad cells (bacteria, viruses, vaccines etc). From what my doctor has said  this is a transient secondary immune response, which many people experience from vaccines or from even having a cold or the flu. So even if this reactive protein was present, it still does not have to be GBS.  I would check with your primary doctor before self prescribing large doses of B12.  Mine said that I should not due it. A  high dose as it can lead to headaches, abnormal heart or kidney function.  Several of the women on this post are pregnant or breast feeding.  B12 can be very harmful to infants.  
glad to hear you are not feeling the tingles (!)... but i am definitely praying for both you and your baby. i'm glad that the both of you are in the hospital being monitored.  get as much rest (as possible in a hospital bed...).
since writing last, as you predicted, it has spread to my feet, and a little bit in my legs.  last night was not the best... i called our local health link who had to ask me the barrage of questions that could freak anyone out!!  but she advised that i go to the doc, just b/c it's a 'never before experienced' thing... so... we'll see...!
Still tingling a little bit in my feet and hands.  I had 2 good days, but the tingling came back.  I hope everyone is feeling better soon.  
There's no end to this torture: now I feel tingling and numbness mainly at night, while during the day it fades away....so now also good sleep is gone....I'll try to contact the neurologist again his morning, but I don't know whether he can really help me...I have no more trust in anyone by now. How are all of you? Anybody REALLY and PERMANENTLY recovered?
ok...I talked to the neurologist and he said: IT'S ALL ANXIETY!!! Nice way to say that I'm ready for a madhouse....He said it's impossible to have a post-vaccine reaction so protracted in time, especially when I had already experienced a period of getting better. He said to do nothing, no exams, no medicines, no anything BUT stay calm, no worry, no anxiety, relax, and so on....I think everybody is by now convinced that I am a hypocondriac.
I've been feeling quite a bit better throughout the day, but once I get into bed it's not good.  I can't sleep for any length of time.  I wake up with tingling and numbness and and a feeling of panic at times.  This really can make you feel like you're going crazy, but the fact that we all feel the same way means that we're not!  My head feels clearer and I am thankful for that.  Let's focus on how far we've come and the fact that we're not getting any worse.  Maybe this will be the week that all of these symptoms go away for good.
I feel better during the day, but most nights I wake up with this buzzing feeling going through my body.  It is intense for about an hour and then subsides a bit.  I too am hoping that this is the week that we all feel like ourselves.  
Good morning. I see that some of us have really something in common: at this point of the story we are ok during the day and we tingle during the night. It might be another step to go through. Anyway,one thing my doctor is right: if I feel particularly stressed for some reasons, if the day after I have to go to work or I know it's gonna be a very hard day, that night will be horrible - if the day after is holiday and I am a little bit more relaxed, that night the tingling is minimum and I can sleep. We must strive and think positive: the worst is gone, this is the tail of the "monster", a little tingling or numbness can't do us any harm. A hug to you all!
Hi.  For 3 days I felt great.  This morning I am back to tingling in my hands/feet/arms/legs.  At least I know what to expect this time. Ugh.  
Hi,  I went to see a doctor at the wellness centre where I work yesterday.  I was in my office and started having strong tingling on one side and started feeling "strange".  The doctor told me the same thing Francy66 that your doctor told you-it's anxiety!  She said that all of these symptoms arise from anxiety.  She asked me some questions about the amount of stress in my life (which is very high) and believes that my cortisol level has been very high for an extended period of time, which triggered a physiological response after the shot.  She said that the waking in the night with tingling/numbness is a common symptom of anxiety as well as the insomnia. I had a blood test done to measure the cortisol as well as some other things.  I've got to go back to see her next week for the results.  In the meantime, she prescribed an amino complex, magnesium and vitamin D to try to get my body/brain back to it's normal balance.   I took a couple of the vitamins before bed, and believe it or not, I had the best nights sleep I've had since the shot.  
There must be something true. Here's another with a very stressed life...my cortisol levels must be as high as a skyscraper! I'm trying to do as I said before, stop thinking all the time about the "thing" and not worry about it if I occasionally feel some tingling. Apparently it works: tonight I slept well, I felt a little numbness in one hand at a moment, but I didn't care, I just went on sleeping. We have no other alternative !
Hello!
well ditto for me for me too with all these strange symptoms. can't type too well because i had an attack today that made my symptoms worse. i had both h1n1 and seasonal flu shot one month ago.
i have the same symptoms as all of you have/had but i'm definitely weaker in the last 2 days than i've been in a month.lumbar tap didn't indicate GBS but i have all the symptoms according to http://www.jsmarcussen.com/gbs/uk/overview.htm
very helpful website. i will keep checking to see how the rest of you are doing and to give daily updates on myself BUT if you don't hear from me it's because i've gone into the hospital and very likely with paralysis. i hope this hasn't happened to anyone else, especially the pregnant ladies.
take care
don't be so negative, we have all thought about GBS sooner or later, but it's not the case. I didn't understand when you had the shot: a month ago? More or less like me. I have had periods of several days when I'm ok, then today I have both hands tingling and my right arm aches a bit. It will pass away, as always. Probably we'll go on like this forever, doesn't matter, I'm starting to get used to it....
sorry, i didn't mean to sound negative. i'm just frustrated, scared and depressed.
i didn't answer your question...yes, i had both flu shots a month ago.
does anyone feel like they have a motor humming in their back/neck?
Well, not real a motor humming, but I have had (since the beginning) a pain behind my right shoulder, from which (in my "profane" opinion) everything starts when the tingling expands in some limb or other. Only in the very first days after the shot I felt humming and crawly sensations behind my neck and in some parts of my head/face, but then it stopped. The pain in my back is like pain in the bones when it is very humid, something like arthrosis. Today the tingling is almost subdued, as I expected...really, no joke, I think I'm starting to get used to it!! After all it gives me no physical or organic  damage ( as far as i know...), so  if I manage to control anxiety my life goes on like always. Dear coriecl, I perfectly understand your frustration and fear, but believe me, we can't afford freaking out, let's think about our families and duties, we MUST survive this thing! Doctors are not of much help, unfortunately....
I had a few good nights with no tingling at all and slept well through the night since taking these vitamins.  Last night the tingling started again and I still feel it this morning.  I feel like this is a roller coaster ride, one day you feel good and the next is back to the same old thing.  One thing is for sure, if you can control the anxiety it makes a big difference.  You are right Francy, we need to carry on and not let our minds get the best of us.  We will beat this. Look how far we've come.  I hope you all have a great, relaxing weekend!  
No kidding, it IS a rollercoaster. Thanks, Francy 66 and Lindac790 for responding and trying to reassure me. I appreciate that!!!
I am not as weak and tingly today although my husband seems very frustrated at my condition.
Does anyone know how Surfnsand247, Tingly RN, Maja213, Runnin_Raggd, Isleepin, Zorf, Meg 1971, RO1939, am I missing someone? ARE Doing?
I'm very concerned how they are.
Also, wanting to hear how Char 1985, Sabrina 153, and NYCER are doing. Sorry if I've forgotten somone else. Please stay in touch it helps us out.
I haven't posted in a while bcs I actually went to a therapist ( I am a therapist myself believe it or not and I work with mind/body syndromes so I know all about this) who specializes in anxiety and OCD and I was instructed not to be online looking etc at this stuff.
I did MUCH BETTER--using Dr Howard Schubiner's mind/body program and Dr David Schechter's mind/body workbook for TMS (check out Dr John Sarno's book-Mind Body PRescription). I think maybe I did have a reaction of some kind but A LOT of it is anxiety. I was doing fine but have some tingling in my feet today. I am 27 days post vaccine. I think we are ALL ok. I think whatever it is is getting worsened by anxiety.
Last year I had another episode like this from a hormone shot (for fertility) and thought I had ALS. I had twitching and tingling and it was ALL anxiety.
IT's hard to believe--as much as I know about this anxiety issues bcs it feels so real in the moment.
We all did what we could do--go to doctors etc and now it's hard trying to believe that we are all ok.....one month post shot I think whatever would have emerged would just emerge by now. This is not the way GBS looks.
But, we may also have had a reaction.
I too had tingling then itching really bad, prickly feelings, now its just in my ankles tingling (could be due to pregnancy too) I have no weakness at all and I am just going to go under the assumption that I am fine and BREATHE.
I have been doing self-hypnosis CD's called RELAX by Steven Gurgevich--you can get it online
good luck everyone....this is hard!! I think it's a brain chemistry thing! If I could take an ativan and wasn't pregnant I would!!
all my blood work came out totally normal including the autoimmune report.
also what helped me is going to acupuncture.....i go to an acupuncturist who used to be a neurologist in russia.
she said to eat a lot of yams and sweet potato, eliminate sugar, chocolate, caffeine --eat very clean--no citrus for a couple of weeks (no yogurt either) its an anti-inflammation diet.
i did it and felt better-now today i was 'off the diet' and feel a little worse--who knows...
if you had a spinal tap and u are ok--it means you are ok!!!
I went as far as getting a reading from TWO medical intuitives---both say I'm fine (lol--I was desperate and anxious!)
good luck
breathe
tell yourself I DO NOT HAVE A SERIOUS PHYSICAL ILLNESS
I FuLLY AND COMPLETELY ACCEPT MYSELF
I AM GOING TO BE OK
self talk helps me!!
Glad to hear you're okay, isleepin! And getting some alternative therapies. I have been trying anti-inflammation therapies, as well.
A few days after I started tingling, I found Dr. Blaylock's (a neurosurgeon) recommendations to control cytokine storms after a vaccination AND what to do before a vaccination. This means taking Omega 3 oil, tons of Vitamin D,, etc. I am posting the link here if anyone is interested: http://www.russellblaylockmd.com/
One of the emergency doctors that I saw did tell me that it was possible that I had "mild" GBS .Severe GBS being paralyzed of course. That's why I have been so worried that it would progress. I am trying to stay positive after encouragement from all of you.
However, I will tell you I have never been so happy to see the days ticking away: 31 days post-vaccination (LOL). I will try the anti inflammation diet too...thanks isleepin for the idea.
Hey there; NYCER here... I'm a 26 y.o male in the U.S.  I've seen a neuro doc 2x and had the EMG and nerve conduction tests done as well as a grip of bloodwork (no lyme, mono, diabetes, b12 deficiency or anything else really!).  The Nerve Conduction study shows no chance of GBS or anything serious, but my muscles are slightly irritated according to the EMG... So my neuro was like, "tell your docs you're not entirely crazy."  I've never had anxiety probs before but clearly have had some panic the past month (it's been a month and 3 days since I got the H1N1 shot).  So I feel somewhat affirmed by her counsel, and I know it's nothing serious, but all my doctors keep telling me it's a "no-name virus" that I just magically happened to get around the time of the H1N1 shot, and it will just be transient and run its course.  

I've had a lot of weakness and fatigue all month which started hours after I got the shot.  That's my biggest problem-- in so far as I can only do 5-6 hour days without starting to feel really sleepy and fatigued...I'm also having chronic sinusitis and have had a bunch of dental problems this year (botched root canal where they left metal in my canals from the RCT instruments!)... so it's possible that my body is just really worn down.  But I've been exceptionally compliant this past month (good diet, lots of sleep, little work, relaxation, mild exercise, massage) and am still feeling beat.  I have "unrefreshing sleep," as they say... and not quite sure what to do about it.  The tingling and twitching is still there and the doctor prescribed Neurontin which I started 2 days ago.  It's supposed to help with the muscle pain in my legs and the twitching and give my brain a break, I guess.... anyone else been on this drug?  Does anyone else have problems with weakness/fatigue on here or is everyone just anxious and tingly?  Could it relate to my adrenal function and are there tests for that?  Thanks for your help.  I've been following this list all month.  
Thanks for keeping in touch, Nycer!

I've had all bloodwork, spinal tap, but I'm not scheduled for the nerve conduction for another 10 days. What was it like? uncomfortable at all? any after effects?  

Just want to know what to expect since no one told me about any possible effects from the spinal tap (I collapsed when I got up to the bathroom and I had a spinal headache for 4 days after where I literally had to lay flat on the floor). I was too dazed from the sedation & everything else, plus exhausted since it was after midnight, to ask what I could expect when they released me from the hospital a few hours later. Does a person have to be half-dead to be admitted overnight in the hospital now????

Anyway, I'm like you, Nycer, I am weak and fatigued as well as tingly. I haven't been able to work for 2 weeks now. I am tired walking up the stairs at my house never mind trying to put in an 8 hour shift. Plus, the buzzing feeling I have when I walk is very unsettling so I try not to walk too much. Reduced from a person who walked her big dog an hour every day :(

I am not on any meds except for ibuprofen and trying Dr. Blaylock's detox after vaccination recommendations (I'm not following it to the letter: I don't have beta glucan or astaxanthin, for example, but I am trying to do most of it). What the hey?! If it doesn't help I'm sure it won't hurt. I'm also going to try that anti-inflammation diet as well.

Likely this is a time thing: to work the toxic effects out of our system and for the inflammation it created to settle down. From my understanding, the medical system is very reluctant to tie any side effects to the vaccines. Probably because of potential legal hassles from big pharma. So I don't think any of us should be surprised if they try and come up with alternates like "no-name virus". However, we all know different - that we were healthy before the vaccine and got sick because of the vaccine.

Time Check: 32 days post-vaccination.