Insomniacs Unite User Group
?
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who struggles with insomnia, whether it be a once in a great while thing, or a near daily occurrence; whether it be because of chronic pain or illness, or if it's an inability to "turn off your brain" at night. Hopefully we can all share thoughts, ideas, helpful tips, etc., that may help a fellow insomniac get a few blissful hours of shut-eye.

Founded by geminigirl1963 on February 13, 2011
32 members

?

Will I ever be able to sleep at night???? All my life I've had insomnia. Without my meds I would hardly sleep at all. I hate this. I'm the only one awake at night.Unless I'm really depressed like now, I sleep like a hibernating bear through winter. Sometimes I really hate being me :(
May I ask what meds you are taking ...as they may be working against you sleeping, do you sleep during the day, I mean sleep not just a nap of a half hour.?Are you well have you any other symptoms ?
Yes, I'm taking celexa for depression and seroquel for sleep. Although seroquel is an anti-psychotic med, it's given to me for sleep. and yes I'm also bi-polar. my sleep is really crazy at times and no I try not to sleep in the day unless i feel that is possible to be able to fall asleep. Many time I sleep one night and the next night I don't. I will go 24hrs with no sleep or only 2 hrs of sleep:(
Maybe time to ask the Doctor if you need a change of meds or a dosage change,it may be the celexa ..
I'm new around here.  In fact, just joined the Med Help today.  Got my first computer and internet this year for Christmas.  

If it makes you feel any better, I don't sleep worth a danged either.  If it isn't work keeping me awake, it is me thinking about work keeping me awake.  I bet its been 25 years since I slept more than 3 hours in a night.  Funny thing is, whenever I wake up I have something that I need to do.

I don't get it, but I don't think about it either.  I believe that that is how I get through it all.

Well.... I wish you well.
I recognize your style of posting , have you been on MH long ?
No.  I got my first lap top the other day and a friend turned me on to the site.  It's been about a week or so.  I originally came to medhelp because of my old dog, of all things.  My sister in law got some real good information about her dog on the dog forum.

I think I did too.
lol was just being nosy ...you seemed familar from another forum but cant be you well I just spent the night coughing my head off I think I have flu ...
I sympathize Margy....we've had it for a week now!
really nasty virus...apparently getting to be epidemic ...they put me on Azithromycin and codeine cough stuff...6 days in now and I am still getting symptoms
My husband has had it for 9 or 10 days and I got it from him a week ago yesterday.  I think everyone in our family has had it, including Baby Brooklyn!  I'm beginning to feel better but not great!  You are so right...nasty virus describes it to a T.  Hope you start feeling better real soon!
I hear that  it is very virilent and the don't actually say its flu they say its a 'flu like illness' don't really don't what the difference is .I know relatives in UK have also got same thing .  hope you all get over it soon,
breezytoo commented on photo
15 mins ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
38 mins ago
breezytoo commented on Jade59's status