Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
Am I to young?

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Am I to young?

I don't know exactly what is going on with me. I am a 35 year old woman and there have been a few times i have had neck pain that goes up to my jaw.  Last night I had the same thing happen again only this time with something new along with it. it almost felt as if someone were pushing in on my left cheekbone at the same time i was having this  and felt little like i had a string or something on the side of my mouth pulling it downward. just slightly. I wound up going to bed early last night because i felt almost drunk kind of disoriented.  I felt okay this morning other than a bad headache and still having very slight pulling sensation on the left side of my mouth and chin.  Am i to young for a stroke? Could this have been a very minor one?  If it helps I am a smoker, have been a light smoker since age 8 and a heavy smoker since age 12.
Young people can have strokes and while I am not sure what is causing your symptoms you clearly need to see your doctor and be evaluated.
Thank you for your response Dr. Bogart.  I will try and get in to see a doctor soon.  I do not have one yet where I have just moved to.  But I will see one. If things get worse before I can find one I will go to the emergency room.

Thank You Again,
Brenda
I have one more question, since this happened i am becoming more and more depressed. I was diagnosed bipolar when i was 14 i am now 35 i was on medications but stopped them in December taking other means of herbs and stuff (5-HTP fish oil omega 3) and others. I stopped the fish oil about a little over a week ago because of belching a fishy taste. Could that be why i am becoming depressed or do you think it could be something else? I have had no episodes of depression the whole time i have been on herbals.  Until now after stopping the fish oil. The last time i felt like this i was taking prescribed medication. But I don't know if I am feeling this way because of stopping the fish oil or because of what happened the other night.  Just so you have a little history on me i have been diagnosed with:

Bipolar NOS
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Agoraphobia
Anxiety

I don't like this feeling I am having.  It scares me, but i know i wont do anything rash, if that makes sense. I just want to crawl in bed and wake up when it's over.
I decided to tak an additional 5-HTP, until I can get more Fish Oil Omega 3.  I took it and laid down yesterday after posting to you.  When i awoke (2 hours later) i was not feeling down anymore.  I made sure to add another 5-HTP to my meds this morning and I seem to be doing fine now.  I might just keep myself on 2 capsules a day of it even after i get back on the 3000 mgs of Fish Oil a day.

Bren
I think you also need to talk with your primary doctor about depression and bipolar disorders can be very cyclical  and you may need additional medication for this.