Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
heart rate of 215 and anxiety

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

heart rate of 215 and anxiety
I am 48 years and have been suffering from an anxiety disorder since I was 19, I am on zoloft and xanax. Recently I have started having heart palpatations of 215 that last for 15 minutes.  This has only happened twice and they were 3 months apart. My cardiologist has put me on cardizem la 120 mg to see if that will keep my heart rate from becoming too high. I have had a heart cath, stress test, echocardiogram and every test that can be done has. Are my palpations of 215 coming from my anxiety disorder? What do I need to do if I have another attack?
Ask your cardiologist about monitoring with an event recorder to try and capture the heart rhythm during an episode to help decide the nature of the problem
i had some of the same heart rate problems that you have.my heart rate was 110 last year. they did an ablation to fix the problem. you might ask if thats an option for you. anxiety can sometimes make it worse. if ur cardiologist can;t help see another cardiologist. and ur palpatations may be from a heart rhythm disorder. check into to it don't give up.