Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
CKD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

CKD

Hello!

I have been a type II diabetic since 1987 and was diagnosed to have a stage 3 Chronic Kidney Disease in late 2009. I have tried to follow the dietitian's diet and advice.

However, my test results showed that my SGPT is 81 mg/dL (normal is 9 - 72) and my Urine Micral test result is 80 mg/l (normal is <20).

Is diet the main reason for these high values? How can I lower them?

Would greatly appreciate any comment.

Thank you.

renato
what is your egfr?
My gfr is 73. Is this different from egfr?
yes gfr and egfr are both the same ie filtration rte of kidneys. 73 is stage 2 though not stage 3.  staage 2 is between 60 and 90 :) stage three is 30 to 59.  
this is a useful link that discusses likely symptoms at different sages and also what the stages of CKD are :)
http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/gfr/tab/test
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It may be difficult to revert the changes due to diabetic nephropathy. But to prevent further damage, you will have to take medications regularly and check your blood sugars to ensure it is in the normal range of 80-120mg/dl. Strict adherence to a diabetic diet and regular exercise will further help to reduce blood sugars. Since your kidneys are affected you will need a more frequent blood test and follow care to prevent further damage. To lower the blood values the cause needs to be treated.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks so much. God bless!
Thank you so much. God bless!