Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Grade 5 reflux and MCU sideeffects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Grade 5 reflux and MCU sideeffects

My 2 month old son underwent MCU yesterday and is today crying very severely while passing urine and is also passing a lot of urine sometimes in drops and sometime with force.Does MCU introduces the chance of inducing urinary infection, pls let me know, in the meanwhile he is being given antibiotic cephalixin. Do i need to get the urine culture done urgently. Besides, his MCU result was grade 5 reflux in left kidney and grade 2 in right kidney. Earlier DTP Scan results showed left kidney 14% functional and right 86%.Does the grade 5 reflux recovery happens, can anybody share any experience where he/she migh have overcome grade 5 reflux? What is the recovery chance for grade 2 reflux? Can anybody also suggest what are the symptoms of urinary infections?Any help will be much apprecited..