How to control very high creatinine levels

My Friend, age 22 years is suffering from high creatinine levels (3.8). She is under heavy medication of steriods to control her Protiens.
Her Protien level is being ontolled but her creatinine level is not getting contolled. The ealier test showed that it was 3.2 but now it is 3.8.
Please advice what do in this case?
Regards,
Pranay
thats way to high..i never thought the steroid's would cause this to increse.im a asthmatic i benn steriod alot in my yrs..but difft with ur friend though..usually the creatine will come down on its own if theres no kidney damage..they need to take grr testing and a creatine cleance  to see what that say to show if the kidney is is bad stage very high...
I JUST DONATED MY LEFT KIDNEY TO MY TWIN BROTHER HE IS UP AND RUNNING LIKE NEW. MY CREATINE WAS 1.01 BEFORE THE SURGERY AND NOW IT IS 1.6 IS THAT OK
Hi Frennis,
For someone who only has one kidney, your creatinine level is PERFECTLY NORMAL.
I went to the doctor because I had frequent urinations.  I took lab work  and my BUN was normal but my urine test said my creatine was 300 and and I had a 1+ blood in my urine.  He said it was a kidney infection but could this be a sign of Kidney problems.  I am taking medication for thyroid.
what to do? not much, its not like there's a full cure out there for such things. Is there?