Kidney/Renal disease has spread to both kidneys
I have a friend of mine who is 20 years old and she has renal disease. It started in her left kidney and while on dialysis it dropped down to functioning at 7%. It has now spread to her right kidney and is attacking it at a very rapid rate. Within two weeks, her right kidney which was functioning at 100% is now in the 70's while the left is down to 2%. She just saw a doctor in Atlanta GA where she was referred from her hometown of Greenville SC for a second opinion. They are wanting her to start dialysis twice a week instead of once and have added in some new medication to try and balance the kidneys instead of having one or both fail completely. They are also considering inserting a tube into her arm to make dialysis much easier.

I'm wondering why the dialysis isn't working or atleast keeping the kidneys from getting worse. Is there anything she can take naturally that will help her kidneys heal or filter out some of the toxins since they aren't working correctly? I know people can drink cranberry juice and there are other natural herbs to help but I'm not sure if there would be any conflicts with the medicines they have her own.

Also, if the dialysis doesn't work and the kidneys continue to fail, what's next? From my understanding, transplants can help but how long before the body infects the new kidney? What happens if both kidneys currently drop below 20% and no donor can be found in time? I'm really concerned for her and am praying constantly for her strength and healing in this.

Thanks for any advice and information.