Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney Stones - High White Blood Cell Count
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney Stones - High White Blood Cell Count

I had extreme flank pain last week that landed me in the hospital twice.  I'm 31 weeks pregnant so they were unable to do x-rays to see if i had a kidney stone.  With an Ultrasound all they were able to see was a dilated ureter, so they assumed it was a stone.  My pain abruptly stopped two days ago.  I have been going to the bathroom about every half an hour today and feel unable to completely empty my bladder.  I took an over the counter home UTI test and it came up positive for White Blood Cells but negative for Nitrates.  Last week I had several cultures done and they never grew any bacteria.  However during my first trip to the ER a week ago my blood and urine tests showed more signs indicative of an infection than one of kidney stones.  The pain is gone, so I know i should be thankful, but I'm still worried about my high white blood cell count.  Any ideas?