Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney infection? Sharp back pains!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney infection? Sharp back pains!

Bio:
Female
Ago 20
Healthy
Cystitis/ frequent UTI's
Family history: Sister has had many uti's, kidney infection, and kidney stones around my age.

For the last 2 week I have had sharp cramp like pains shooting through my lower right side of my back, under my rib cage. It would happen 1-2 times a day. Yesterday it happened 3-4 times while my friend was with me within a 20 min period... she said it sounds like I am starting to get a kidney infection, she has had one before and she said my symptoms were like hers.

Today I have had a overall dull pain in my lower right back, under my rib cage. I feel uncomfortable leaning on my right side. Sitting here, I feel like on my right side, between my stomach and back, I feel a bit of pressure and dull pain.

I have chronic UTI's... is there a med I can get that I can take whenever I need it and not have to go to the doc? And also, does it sound like a kidney infection is coming on? Just a urine sample is all the doc would need? Thank you!