Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Kidney infection switching sides?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Kidney infection switching sides?

17/female. I was having pain on my right side when I pushed in. I went to the emergency room to get it checked out and it revealed that I had a kidney infection and a UTI. I was put on Bactrim and sent home. I have been taking the meds since last Monday (11/19). Now starting last night, I have had pain on my LEFT side when moving around. What is going on here?
Hi there,
Muscle strain, an injury to back muscles, ligaments or joints are few common causes of back pain. Compression of one of the lumbar nerves, the sacral nerve or the sciatic nerve may also be cause of lower left back pain. Kidney stones, kidney infection, irritable bowel syndrome are few other possibilities. Gynecological causes like ovarian cyst, fibroids can all lead to lower back ache. It is important to evaluate the cause of pain before initiating treatment. A clinical examination and ultrasound abdomen may be helpful. I hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank