Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Low Albumin Levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Low Albumin Levels

I recently got a blood test done to test kidney function due to the fact that I have been getting reccurent UTI's for the last 4 years. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant at present.
The results came back that I had low albumin and protein levels but no protein in my urine.
The doctor thinks the cause of this is my diet which it definitely is not. I eat very healthy and a lot! I eat from all the main food groups and eat lots of protein. I am in the healthy weight range and have put on 15 kg so far during this pregnancy. I do not have high blood pressure.
Is there anything else that could be causing this or could it even just be the fact that I am pregnant?
As  your  dr  is  there's a  nutritional  supplement you're  allowed  to  take. If your  albumin is  low  it means your  malnurished.     Normal  albumin  and protein  levels  help  heal  faster  as  well nurish your  fetus.

Take  care!