Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Minimal Lesion Nephropathy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Minimal Lesion Nephropathy

My son, 6 Year old, was detected with Minimal Lesion Nephropathy. The Protein detected in his Urine was less than 3mg/day but was leaking for some time. The Doctor had adviced Prednisolene, Urine check-up and tapering of dosage when 'Nil' Protein was detected in Urine Sample. As per his advice, he was under Prednisolene for 21 Days. He also adviced that the child has to be treated in similar lines only incase the disease relapses and oedema occurs.

I have been observing that every month my son is showing Protein leakage in Urine without any symptoms of oedema. After some time, there is remission and the protein leakage in urine stops. This is happening every month - however I have not put him under medicines since he has shown no signs of oedema.

My questions -

1. Am I on the right path by not putting him under medicines when the protein is leaking without signs of oedema?
2. Is leakage of Protein damaging for the Kidney?

I would be much obliged incase you respond to my queries.

Regards,

Arnab