Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Not sure what to do
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Not sure what to do

A year ago I had my gal bladder removed,  I had pain when I ate and some lower back pain . Still having pain a year later so I went to a different doctor he tried medicine for acid reflex did not work then I had Cat scan and it showed a 1 cm lesion on my right kidney. Dr. said that it could be renal cell and told me about a person that had the same situation, a sent him to a urologist and he didn't like want the Doctor told him so he sent him to University of Iowa and he may send me there depending on what this Doctor he is referring me to says. So I went to that Doctor (urologist) and he said that it was a circle with some unusual markings inside  that it could be renal cell cancer,  he said he is not going to biopsy it because sometimes they are not correct and anyway you want it gone. He is sending me to another urologist to perform cyrosurgery to freeze it off.  My appointment is on Monday 31st.   I did some research and they are not sure how effective the cyrosurgery is. I went to another urologist to get a 2nd opinion and he said to get a biopsy because the spot looks a little funky( his exact words) I asked if a biopsy could spread cancer if it is cancer he said no. He wants to send  me another urologist to get a biopsy In which it is the same place where I'm going on Monday.  Come to find out I know the person The first Doctor was referring to and he had a urologist  and oncologist tell him not to get a biopsy. I have not yet talk to my family Doctor he is on vacation  to see what I should do I told the nurse I want a referral to the University of Iowa and  I heard about a blood test you can get to see if you kidney diease. Does anyone have any helpful information?    Janelle