One Kidney and Alcohol
When I was just born, I had Hydronephrosis in one of my kidneys and I had a surgery when I was just 10 days. Now I have just one kidney and I'm 16, I want to know if I'm allowed to drink alcohol or not. And if yes, is there anything I should be aware of?
Thanks.
people live long and healthy lives on one kidney which can easly do the work of two. that is why live donors are able to donate one of theirs to family etc.  If there are no other complications, basically anyhting in moderation is fine.   do be aware though to always treat any urine infection promptly, but everyone should take them seriously.  Also remember thought that their is areason the drinking age is 18, it is because the body is not able to metabolise it well before that,.so the younger you drink the higher the risk of damage to any vital organs. In fact some countries now believe this is not the case till 21 and so have that age limit . At 16 thats not likely to stop you, but take it seriously, there are reasons for such laws ok MODERATION
Thanks dear Warney, I appreciate your help especially for explaining the laws.
:)
no problem, we all know what its like to be 16 but just remember those kidneys and liver need to last a lifetime MODERATE if you must!