Pain after Kidney stone removal
Three months ago a doctor (and i use that word loosly)  removed a kidney stone when my kidney was VERY infected. He even told me later how he had to cut through the infected kidney to get to the large stone.

Since then i am still having spasms and now am in pain constantly. I thought i was pregnant - it hurt like pressure but was not. I do not have an infection based on a urine test performed last week. The pain is in the front and not the back and almost feels like severe cramps.

If I am sitting, its not near as bad as when i am active. I have a 9 month old son, so sitting is not an option.

Could scar tissue have formed on my kidney and cause this type of pain? What are the best tests to do to find out what this could be?

I look forward to your answers!
Thanks!
beachgrl
Hi I just wanted to let you know that I "feel your pain" and know what you mean!! I had two surgeries within the last seven weeks, and was septic with infection over two months ago that started this whole thing!! They found out my four stones during a C.T. scan.but almost three months later I STILL have pain like I have  bladder infections, and in fact my urine has been dark, and cloudly and I have flank pain like a sharp knife and a feeling of pressure that hurts all day long!!! I am thinking that it must be from all of the invasive tests, surgeries, and  past infections, kidney and bladder.I can only hope SOMEDAY the pain will soften, I hope this for you too!!  I become so worn out!! and pale looking, my lips turn purple and my skin is so pasty white. I can't image how you can stand it with small children!! God Bless !!