Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Protein in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Protein in urine

Here's what happened starting monday night, had a good dinner, high in protein, chicken and such. tuesday morning i went for my 1.5 mile run which is alot for me in 97 degree weather. came home and ate a yogurt, a high protein yogurt, 26% of daily value. about an hour after that i went to patient first to have a work physical done and wouldn't you know it high protein in urine. 3+ . have never had protein in urine whatsoever and just had a similar test two months ago and no protein problems at all. patients first said to see a neuphrologist about it. i went on wednesday and got blood drawn and more urine but wnt know anything til monday. patients first only did 1 pee test. never had any other medical probs, my bp was elevated to 138/90 at patients first and 134/84 at drs next day. no diabetes or any other symptoms of a serious kidney disease like edema or weightloss...i think that's all the info now the questions.

1. could it have been the high protein diet, strenuous excessive, heat, and stress that made my protein levels be high?
2. What can i do to control it?
3. what else could it be?

Thank you!
Everyone from time to time gets protein in their urine. It only becomes a problem when it is in there often and yes Eating like that could be the cause it. I wouldn't worry about it unless its in there repeatedly. I don't think you need to see a nephrologist about it when it's only been in there once either. that's a little premature. Wait and see what the next test shows then go from there with the dr.