Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
Sharp Rise in Creatinine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Sharp Rise in Creatinine

ok, I am a 33 year old white mother of 3 kids. Who has the following history, prolapsed bladder (13years), uterine prolapse (9 years), urethral stricture and kidney stones.  Since Feb have had left flank pan that runs down by the reproductive organs, tired, trouble breathing, swelling in the joints mainly feet and ankles, unusual bruising.

Was told in September that I am in Renal Failure as my Creatinine was 3.78 in August (I was never contacted by the physician). We repeated the blood work and urinalysis and my creatinine had returned to a normal level (.9). I had a renal ultrasound and the kidneys looked normal just said there was a possibility of a dromedal hump in my left kidney.  The ultrasound took less that 5 minutes and did not include any bloodflow imaging.

Are there any other tests/procedures that I should have done?  The first test could have been a fluke or could have been a case of Acute Renal failure due to a stone, either way should I follow up with a specialist, change my diet to something similar to a renal diet to prevent this from happening again?