Stage 4 and dehydration
I have been in stage 4 for abou 1-1/2 years. Recently I developed fluid in my shins. My kidney doc prescribed lasix 20 mg a day. After about a month ago. Recently I become ill and weak. I went to my internists. Bloodwork showed my kidney function down to 17% down from 24% in 4 months. The tests also showed dehydration. So lasix was stopped. I am told that dehydration can skew the results....but I don't know how much. They are repeating tests in 2 weeks. I still feel very poorly 2days without lasix. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this. I am very concerned.
lasix can most definately cause dehydration!  and dehydration can cause a umber of incorrect blood readings also
Consult a Good Kidney Doctor -  for Kidney Problem - That can lead to Swelling of the Legs & other body Parts & Face, Which Means "WATER RETENTION IN THE BODY". When this Water is retained in the Lungs, This Starts to give "BREATHING PROBLEM" or "SHORT BREATHING". You Must get this Treated ASAP with INJECTION / TABLETS of "Lasix" & Continue the Medication till You feel OK.  Get Checked Your Hamoglobin -  & if Less than the Normal, start the Injections of ERYTHROPOIETIN of 4000  every alternate day till it Improves to 10 + THEN   ERYTHROPOIETIN of 6000 iv once, a week. Take THE IRON & B12 MEDICATION.