Kidney Disease & Disorders Community
T2 hyperintensity in left kidney
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to kidney disease and disorders, dialysis, self care, and transplants.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

T2 hyperintensity in left kidney

I am a thirty two year old female  six feet tall and three hundred forty pounds. I am a having a few issues but my main concern is: i recently had a MRI of my lumbar spine to diagnose the severity of my spinal stenosis. after doing so it was noted on the report that a t2 hyperintensity had been observed on my left kidney . but no futher study has taken place. It really concerns me since i seem to be having a number of issues. i have been morbidly obese most of my life recently losing over a hundred pounds but still no improvement. i am diabetic,have congenital spinal stenosis, a cyst on my left ovary , have only menstrated three times in my lifetime . and now this ....What is going on with me?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The hyperintense lesion could be due to a cyst or tumor. It could be a simple kidney cyst. Simple kidney cysts are more common as people age. An estimated 25 percent of people 40 years of age and 50 percent of people 50 years of age have simple kidney cysts.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
I was advised a T2 hyperintense structure on my left kidney was found on an MRI I had for back problems. My doctor wants me to have blood drawn, a urinalysis and an ultrasound.  If this turns out to be a benign cyst,  is it just something that doesn't cause a problem and can be disregarded?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Kidney Disease & Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...